Total of answers: 406

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 Front Windscreen
T4 Front Windscreen
Date: Friday, 15/Oct/10, 3.45 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Front windscreen for my T4 how much any ideas ?

while im enjoying driving for eddie stobart im not enjoying the ride into the premesis, the road has bee welln truly over used & is ridiculasly pot holed but not just by holes there are some caverns running the full width of the road several times. I just dont know how inbound trucks can sleep ther at night espesially when pulling an empty rail box back into the yard, the noise is enough to wake up the deaf.

so I had stuff to do this morning & was ridiculasly tired but completed my errond & was about to disembark my van when i noticed it a 6" inch crack almost centre of the screen starting at the bottom & running up. ther is no evedence of any stone chips so this just narrows it down to the hard suspension (cue Dougie) & one pot holed road grrr.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 15/Oct/10, 7.14 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Im saying nowt except told you so surprised

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 15/Oct/10, 7.18 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Oh and insurance claim it should only cost you an excess to get Autoglass etc to do it .....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 15/Oct/10, 7.22 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Im not worried about claiming on insurance exept that they never fit geniune manufacturers screens, only the lesser thickness patented screens.

Preffer genuine veedub scrren for this one, & yes i am going to try & claim back the cost from Hertfordshire Highways.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 15/Oct/10, 7.25 PM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Good luck u have NO chance buddy ......

Run a diamond or tile cutter across top of crack it scores the lamiante and stops it cracking any farther and might just stop it smashing out in your face as an added bonus...

Most insurance companies cover glass for your excess usually about £100ish at least once

Date: Wednesday, 27/Oct/10, 2.12 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Group: Members
The last time autoglass fitted a new screen for me on the insurance i ended up with a screen with a top green tint, very nice... the autoglass guy said 'we'll just say it was like for like', the excess was no different.

I love the smell of bacon in the morning...

Date: Wednesday, 27/Oct/10, 3.01 PM | Message # 7
Webmaster
I would image that this is all that is available the best of it is my £95 window is supplied by the exact same company that supplies Autoglass etc only they don't charge silly prices to fit, old adage local company dealing with local people and don't have the nationwide advertisisng campaigns to pay for so dont need to charge silly prices do they ........ Simple logistics

Date: Wednesday, 27/Oct/10, 3.11 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Vw £122.22 + Vat the guy didnt even ask for any details so must be a price for all shades.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 27/Oct/10, 3.49 PM | Message # 9
Webmaster
YIP as i suggested one fits all my fitter asked only if it had a windscreen mounted radio ariel nothing else ? so at £122 from VW take trade price of probably - 40% and that fitted at £95 is about right biggrin

I was happy as my excess was £90 so i just paid him never having to tell the insurance company anything always best to not involve them unless absolutely nessesary although it is not put against a no claims bonus etc dont kid yourself insurance companies monitor every spend on your account make no mistake then when you need then you have issues so i have always with my house as well preffered to pay it if re4asonable and not involve the insuarance company at all thus i am a great risk in all types of insurance makes a big differenc ewhen premuim time comes along biggrin

Date: Wednesday, 27/Oct/10, 3.54 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
My winscreen exsess is £70 so the way I see it is Ill buy it from Vw & get my mate to fit it that way I get the opperunity to tackle the rust spot ubove the screen b4 new one goes in, just gotta arange it & get all the nesassary bits now for the job.

May even take a day of & do it at the garage one saturday, the most important part is keeping everything dry.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 27/Oct/10, 4.32 PM | Message # 11
Webmaster
Indeed and yeah get that rust spot seen to correctly as it is a bad place for rust to form if allowed to go unchecked it can cause serious issues down the line ... surprised

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 Front Windscreen
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: