T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best colour for a T4
Total of answers: 406

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 - Cunning rear quarter plan (Smooth finish)
T4 - Cunning rear quarter plan
Date: Monday, 18/Oct/10, 12.38 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Members
I've come up with a plan for my rather nasty rear quater panel which I hope I sent the picture in as the panel is mo longer available which is a shame as it was only going to cost £130 odd pounds from Vw anyway never mind as a whole rear quater for a lwb is more rare then hens teeth I purchased a lower repair panel which seems okish fit wise who ever it isn't tall enough as the filler work is rather special ! :-@

Anyway my cunning plan is to cut the panel where the line is just under where the window would be and weld in a flat piece of steel now by doin this I'm going to loose the swage where the running door runner would go losing some of the original look but with the lack of availble parts I'm left with no choice other than scrap it

Attachments: 1613869.jpg (132.9 Kb) · 1674799.jpg (116.6 Kb)

It's more than just a van!!

Date: Monday, 18/Oct/10, 2.40 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
I was only just saying the other day to my mrs as we were standing next to my T4 that the space where the runner for the sliding door would look good if it were not there as i can't see any reason for it on without twin sliders ???? dont remember seeing one without it so shall be keeping an eye on this thread for sure to see the finished look.

Well done you for adapting, and making doing and mending we like that, keep up the good works ....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 18/Oct/10, 10.14 PM | Message # 3
Major general
I have a twin sliding door swb that's next to be attacked lol The only thing is I lose the swage line at the end near the rear door but as I don't have the ymtools to do that it will have to be flat too il hopefully be able to up date the pics at the weekend if all goes to plan :-)

cheers andy the mad one lol

Date: Tuesday, 19/Oct/10, 1.03 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
I would like to see one with it all removed well at least the bit the door runner should be in anyway as its a pointless rust trap anyways cool imho for what its worth cool

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 19/Oct/10, 5.44 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Yea no worrys will be on in a couple of days

Date: Tuesday, 19/Oct/10, 7.19 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
See what you mean about the filler Andy. Any panelwork can only be an improvement on what you had there. Good luck with the fitting, sure it will be a rewarding job when you get it in primer. cool

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 20/Oct/10, 9.30 AM | Message # 7
Major general
haha yea to right i want to get it done and hopefully get out and surf and enjoy some shows next year

Date: Wednesday, 20/Oct/10, 12.12 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Tushay - the surfing [not my scene] surprised

Date: Thursday, 21/Oct/10, 7.15 PM | Message # 9
Private
Hi

Why dont you check out the brakers for a later T4 thats has a whack at the front say.
Take a sthill saw and cut out the panel and the wheel arch larger than you have cut out trim to fit and stich weld in on top of your cleaned to bare metal van panels.

Lookin at the panel it pritty full of filler so it wont matter to much about distortion tack welding in your repair then set to with the P40.

Just an idea
Chris K

\

Date: Friday, 22/Oct/10, 12.19 PM | Message # 10
Webmaster
Finding a T4 in a scapyard even is not easy but good idea if one could be found although i am absolutely sure any scrap dealer worth his weight would know this panel is no longer available thus charge a fortune for it .....

Date: Saturday, 23/Oct/10, 5.44 PM | Message # 11
Major general
Yea believe me I have tried just not around the plan is set and I'm off and running a kittle delayed due to the rain this morning but all good so far

Date: Sunday, 31/Oct/10, 12.46 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Coming along nicely dont you think ??? i certainly do cant wait to see the finished product biggrin

Attachments: 0821932.jpg (14.1 Kb)

Date: Sunday, 31/Oct/10, 1.26 PM | Message # 13
Generalissimo
I must say that panel is very close to the swage line of the window panel interesting to see how clean the line is when finished.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Sunday, 31/Oct/10, 2.00 PM | Message # 14
Major general
Yea it had to go that high sad but true it will look better than it did no matter what lol

Date: Sunday, 31/Oct/10, 2.26 PM | Message # 15
Generalissimo
some clever work with the linisher me thinks wink

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Sunday, 31/Oct/10, 5.46 PM | Message # 16
Major general
It'll be fine no worrys!!!!! wacko

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 - Cunning rear quarter plan (Smooth finish)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: