T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

How low is yours
Total of answers: 216

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » What sealant ?? (using the correct one for the job!!)
What sealant ??
Date: Monday, 20/Dec/10, 10.26 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Members
Good evening all,
Can one of you good people please advise me as to the correct sealant material to use on the join between the roof and the high top at the moment it looks like a normal white mastic has been used now badly faded
(and actually a bit of a mess) also any further advice on the best way to remove the garbage that is already in place,
P.S would this sealant also be used to reseal around the hookup flap heater vent etc
cheers philsheriton cry

\

Date: Tuesday, 21/Dec/10, 5.41 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Yeah most likely i would dig it out as much as you can anyway and hit it with a nice bead of Silcaflex that is more than capable of doing the job and lasting well [industry standard stuff] buy it in any caravan or motorhome parts shops...

I do have a links somewhere to stuff that cleans it great but cant find it right now when i do i will post it takes about a day with a tooth brush but well worth it ....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 21/Dec/10, 6.07 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Group: Members
Thanks for that,
" Silcaflex" so thats the baby,right i'll try do do my very best to produce
a half ways decent result
Phil Sheriton I hope biggrin

\

Date: Wednesday, 22/Dec/10, 4.40 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Im sure you can .....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » What sealant ?? (using the correct one for the job!!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: