Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

If Money Was No Object What Would You Own?
Total of answers: 103

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » underbody engine guard T 4T5 (Are they the same??)
underbody engine guard T 4T5
Date: Wednesday, 22/Dec/10, 11.52 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Members
Sorry itsme again,
I'm looking to fit an underbody engine guard to my 1995 t4 i'ts a 2.4 diesel auto ( i dont know what differance that makes) <_< any way the question is will the guard of a t5 also fit at4 (I've decided to try contacting some dismantlers in an attemt to get hold of a genuine vw part ive asked about this guard On an earlier thred I was advised that there is a cheap alternative poss, fibreglass well i'll try the '' used '' route first. but am certain that i'll be offered one from a later vehicle. again thanks in advance gentlemen.
Phi lSheriton biggrin

\

Date: Friday, 24/Dec/10, 8.43 PM | Message # 2
Private
Hi itsme
No you can not fit a t5 engine tray to t4 t5 trays are made of plastic and vw t4 trays are made of steel and a different shape all together you see t4 trays on e-bay for about £ 40 + p&p hope this helps

Date: Saturday, 25/Dec/10, 3.58 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Yip they are definately NOT the same

And yes they are available on E-bay the problem with buying one of E-bay granted they are only £40-£50 and wait for it £250 ish from VW [still available too] its the weight issue it costs a fortune to get them sent so they have to be uplifted unless you are very lucky and find one with-in driving distance which i really doubt

However an engine tray is not really needed if you havent lowered your Transporter but a must when you have btw Autos to my knowledge are no different in this to a manual

Hope that helps a bit Phil

Next tongue

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 29/Dec/10, 1.04 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Much quieter with the belly pan fitted with the sound deadening. stops the diesel from reverberating off the floor.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 01/Jan/11, 1.46 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Thank you gents for the advice,
Sorry I've been so long winded in repplying to your advice
but once again thank you.
P.S. many more questions to come!!
philsheriton wacko

\

Date: Saturday, 01/Jan/11, 4.14 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Just a note Phil, T4's r us do a new underbody shield for around £55 for both models of T4.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 01/Jan/11, 4.17 PM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Em whose not raedcing all the posts now Chas, Phil mentiones this at the top of his thread .... [still a bit huingover are we buddy] .... biggrin surprised

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » underbody engine guard T 4T5 (Are they the same??)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: