T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Do You Wave At Other T4 - T5 Owners
Total of answers: 358

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Respray ("costs")
Respray
Date: Sunday, 02/Jan/11, 6.39 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Ok guys heres the deal the missus is maoning she wants me to take

This:

And turn it into as close to

This as possible

[c]

So my questions are these:

What is it likely to cost me for a total colour change, and a half original paint job ... given that the back bumper needs work and there is a few small dents but no real rot, a few bubbles and imperfections on the inner wings is all, so a very solid if older model she is.

Can a newer front bumber be put on an older van ? and to do it what else is involved lastly i take it the likes of clear indicators and such like are all standard no matter the year does anyone also know if an A-Bar is dated as in will only fit x yr to x yr or is it one fits all ....

Obviously i want a good class job all inner sills, inner doors scuttle etc painted also...

Or would i be far better just getting the bottom half white again rust treated and my bumpers colour coded thus removing the oap bus like stripping and thus modernising at teh same time

Attachments: 4924312.jpg (18.4 Kb) · 4750881.jpg (33.1 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 02/Jan/11, 7.56 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Reckon a colour change would be the best part of 3k on that mate. It's a lot of work to do it properly. You need to get friendly with a painter. The bumper from a later model should fit ok though.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 03/Jan/11, 6.43 AM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
yep 3k is about right for a spot on respray add in some bumper work to change the look say another 1k.

so in fairness id say if you have 5k to spare from sales id say your onto a winner there & all you need is the right design to make it happen.

you could always start by loosing the stripes & giving it a well earned t cut so the final look would be black & white, add some clear lenses & maybee add some alloys = little outlay big change.

oh & loose the box cool

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Message edited by RS_ROB - Monday, 03/Jan/11, 6.44 AM

Date: Monday, 03/Jan/11, 12.17 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Staying White
First off the stripes are easy the blue one not so its painted on ???? so even loosing the stripes will still leave a gastly horrible blue foot thick line down her ? hence the idea of a bottom half respray in white to loose it completely which would get the wheelarches, bonnet and odd bits around her, obviously the lesser of the two as no interior work would be required surprised

Silver or another colour
Im still not sure about it is nice and i like teh overall effect however by going that far it will mean the inside would look far more dated

Alloys
Doubt i would have then prefer to size up the standard wheels and stay with oem equipment as suspension staying put where it is, so expensive alloys are pointless, unlessa set of maybe 16 v 17 " oem Volkswagen ones can be sourced that will run standard tyres

Box
The rear box will be staying no matter what happens to the rear as it is a very useful storage are for seat, awning etc which otherwise would have knowehere to go..... [Rob weren't you the one thatw as talking about having a rear box on yours ? also its a Fiamma box in excess of £300 to buy so it willbe getting well used in the fiture be sure of that, saving loads of stuff from rattling about in the rear a pet hate of mine almost as much of a hate as lowered bone shaking T4's surprised ]

Going to have a talk today to ask a few localish companies for their views [now i can get her out of the driveway as the snow has now gone thank god]

I am still worried about spending in excess of £3k as i doubt i would ever see the return on it should i decide at some point later to upgrade to a newer one [if i did it would be basically the same as this one only newer].

Having investigated further the other things A bar, indicators and bumper shouldnt be a massive hurdle as the back bumper needs work anyways and is probably irreplaceable i may just get both totally reburbished and keep it original but updated slightly with a bra to keep the slightly moderner look about it .....

Any further suggestions as always welcome tongue

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 03/Jan/11, 2.05 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Quote (Admin)
Rob weren't you the one thatw as talking about having a rear box on yours ?

Just the load rack not the box, & that was to carry the tent on a long road trip to scotland. Now i will just be carrying the tent to the dump as its been deemed un-reparable. here comes edward sissorhands tongue

Quote (Admin)
unlessa set of maybe 16 v 17 " oem Volkswagen ones can be sourced

This was what i was thinking you dont want aftermarket ones on that.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Monday, 03/Jan/11, 4.24 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Yeah i think it would ruin it although i have an image somewhere's with another set of alloys on one which are VW ones which looks not to bad ...... after my "Caravelle alloys incident on Ice Queen" that i still say were to small for the arches !!!! biggrin dont want to go down that route ....

Date: Thursday, 10/Feb/11, 11.32 AM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Off today for quotes for a respray been quoted £1.900 but it was down south and i would need to be without it for 2 weeks around easter time plus travelling twice 100's of miles to come and go by the way thats to prepare, cure all rust, rub down sort of dints, scapes, paint bumper/mirroRs etc and all innards doors, bonnet etc in SILVER which fair enough is not possibly a bad qoute but form the same guy to paint it all white again do the same repairs it would be about £1k ? just wondering if spending 2k on it would ever be recovered should i ever decide to sell it on 2k would buy our Smart we are seeking i think...... big decisions so going out locally to see what estimates i can accure ... wish me luck ...

Date: Thursday, 10/Feb/11, 2.32 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant
Group: Members
The preston T5 center where doing a full respay for £1295. Inside and out. Any colour
you want. All you need is the car make and code number. Here is his number 07759313278.
he mite even lend you a van/car for the time he has yours.

z

Date: Thursday, 10/Feb/11, 5.59 PM | Message # 9
Colonel

have you considered van wrapping

saw a few moter`s done and if you get bored easily you can change it

i no a man that can do it in boness work`s from home so a bit cheaper but good

stick a long nose front end on it i also no someone who might be braking a long nose

\

Date: Thursday, 10/Feb/11, 7.11 PM | Message # 10
Webmaster
Getting a bit convoluted now ok wrapping it sounds cool could you get me a price as is to wrap it in a silvery coloured vynll maybe with T4 Club UK logo ..... boness in Scotland ??

Date: Thursday, 10/Feb/11, 8.20 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
yep bo-ness scotland

\

Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 2.25 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Ok sounds better see if you can get me a cost or a ballpark figure then matey ....

Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 6.00 PM | Message # 13
Colonel
i`ll get you his contact number shortly bud he`s gonna send me his new number as soon as i have it you can call him for a chat or txt him

cheer`s rjd

\

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Respray ("costs")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: