Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What Do You Think of Our New Site Design?
Total of answers: 109

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 respray (should I totally colour change?)
T4 respray
Date: Sunday, 09/Jan/11, 8.04 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
HI All,

I am currently treating my van to a tidy up and respray and new wheels. The van is currrently black and although it would be easier to keep it black and have silver wheels I am considering doing a colour change. Most of the prep work is now done so I need to make my mind up pretty quickly. Its being resprayed by Paint Fx in Kettering by Tim and I know he will do a great job for me no matter which way I decide to go.

One of the reasons why I am considering the colour change is that my garage is opposite a funeral directors and a Lady asked me for a quote on a coffin the other day when I was getting out of the van!

Here are some pics of the work in progress and the rather unusual staggered 8.5 x 18 wheels.

Your comments are very much welcomed

\

Message edited by jprcelite - Sunday, 09/Jan/11, 11.38 PM

Date: Sunday, 09/Jan/11, 11.31 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Id have just said add some silver paint fleck in to it that would give it a nice look.

oh & welcome biggrin

Id love to give mine a full on re-spray but ended up paying for last chrismas instead tongue

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Sunday, 09/Jan/11, 11.41 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Pic Uploading

follow the link to a how to & then play here

Test area

all found here

Help

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Message edited by RS_ROB - Sunday, 09/Jan/11, 11.48 PM

Date: Monday, 10/Jan/11, 1.15 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Admin
First of welcome to our fun friendly community happy to help, advise and guide where we can biggrin tongue

I am pondring the self same thing with mine my worry is the extent of work required to do a total colour change

I mean all the internals need doing as well that being the case and to get that bit right requires probably 3 x the work and costs it just looks naff to paint the outside and leave the inards the original colour i persoanly wouldnt ever contemplate it but i know in my case it would be money down the drain as it would NEVER be recouped if i choose to sell at anytime, putting me off so a bottom half respray is probably on the cards for mine...

A nice metalflake or a two tone would be smart i reckon ..... if its black anyway why not take the roof and audi-like down its bonnet and grills staying black and do the rest silver

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 respray (should I totally colour change?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: