T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is best A T4 - T5 - T5.5/6
Total of answers: 178

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Hi topped roofs (Can anyone explain)
Hi topped roofs
Date: Wednesday, 08/Apr/09, 6.55 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
As many will already know we are playing with the idea of having a high top fitetd to our current T4 before committing to this as a way of solving our space issues can anyone sensibly answer these few questions for me

As you can clearly see above the windscreen this roof stops rather abruptly now as i have some rust forming in that very area, would i be able to have this part frenched, cataloyed and finished to become as one without the overlap so to speak.

It appears to sit in the rain channel on the sides and i couldn't find a picture of the rear , but pressumabely it has a rough edge at the rear also so same question for the sides and rear i suppose

And in actual fact are all hi top conversions this damn rough as it goes to me that is a shocking way to leave it, or is this justa particularily bad job

Would it be wise to do this however or will it crack and end up looking worse ???

Added (2009-04-08, 6:55 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Anyone

Attachments: 5394827.jpg (140.6 Kb) · 4120565.jpg (174.1 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 08/Apr/09, 7.21 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Members
that's a Sheldon roof and how they fit are shocking

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Wednesday, 08/Apr/09, 7.44 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Thanks Ray it was kind of worrying me a bit i am resident enough about putting a boat on my roof permantly without the outcome looking like that
Lwb roofs availabe ???

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 08/Apr/09, 7.47 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Ray - have a look at the small rust spots above my front windscreen, would a well fitting roof cover this ???

Sent the missus out to get a better one

Attachments: 5625449.jpg (17.0 Kb)

Date: Wednesday, 08/Apr/09, 8.01 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
the one i do will, it fits to the seal on the wind screen, but some of them fit with a thick rubber seal

Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 3.07 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Ok thanks Ray see your Pm mate cool

Added (2009-04-09, 3:07 Pm)
Ok next question

Is it possible to fit a set of roof bars to a fibreglass roof ??

Pros and cons guys

Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 9.36 PM | Message # 7
Major general
Drivelodge high top ,basic roof supplied and fitted.....£595-00.
Lineing out £220.
windows £60 each
Vents £35. each happy

Stan

Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 4.13 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Thanks Stan we are no so much concerned with costs here for now more to the point is useability, for a fitted Hi top but thanks anyway useful info all the same cool

Added (2009-04-15, 4:13 Pm)
Stan what windows do Drivelodge fit ?? ive looked at their site but can't see help please for our project T4 Build

Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 7.29 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
leisure drive do some good windows

Date: Thursday, 16/Apr/09, 4.20 PM | Message # 10
Webmaster
Pictures and costs guys i cant seem to find any anywhere for a costings point of view

Date: Thursday, 16/Apr/09, 6.58 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
http://www.leisurevehiclewindows.co.uk/ that's the only one i have the rest are on me laptop

Date: Thursday, 16/Apr/09, 8.18 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Knew there was a company somewhere i had previously found that did them, well done Ray to the rescuse once again biggrin and they do doors that could poss be used to do the Teardrop project i had in mind

Date: Thursday, 16/Apr/09, 9.50 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant general
there is another one ill dig the lap top out and have a look

Date: Thursday, 16/Apr/09, 10.26 PM | Message # 14
Webmaster
Not easy to find suppliers of made up ready to fit doors and windows as it goes i searched and searched whilst researching the Teardrop idea and didn't find many as it goes, it's all handy info for those embarking on a selfbuild anyway biggrin

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Hi topped roofs (Can anyone explain)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: