T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Rate our site
Total of answers: 97

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Paintwork (To respray or not)
Paintwork
Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 4.34 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Guys guys in our big scheme of thinks we are now considering whether to get a full respray job done on our current Bus "White Noise" not because she is a rust bucket, but she has obviously prior to us owning it been touched up many times, been motorway driven for sometime due to stone chiping on front end, odd bits and pieces aroudn about the entire body

Tailgate rust

We have some on our fuel flap and along the sill lines and odd bits above the widscreen where it has been stone chipped and never repaiered only touched up as is the case with my bonnet.

Now my body man is a scratch and dent guy not a resprayer so what i want to know here is before i start asking lcoally what am i to expect quotes to be for a full repray in two ways

1 - Fully prepared ready for painting [my guy is more than able to do this]
2 - Fully prepared and painted

In all cases it would be getting painted back in it's original White [white is best] it would be getting bumpers and poss highroof fitted first and painted at sametime if not my roof box and bars painted to match bus.

With only my bonnet different in matt satin black with our T4 - T5 Club Uk logo and contact details on it [might even source another bonnet to do this to and keep my original so if i ever do sell it can go back to normal]

So what do we reckon on paying for such a job

Attachments: 5465681.jpg (14.5 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 15/Apr/09, 7.38 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Members
fully prepared for a good job you would be looking £500+ for them to do all of it £900+ you could get it done cheaper but, don't think it would be that good of a job, but be prepared to be shocked as some places will be close to £2000 to £3500 may be more mind don't think that would include bumpers and matt bonnet

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Friday, 17/Apr/09, 2.16 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Cheers Ray anyone else had quotes to do there's, anyone had a complete respray done on theirs etc

It's a hard one this the bus looks really good apart from a few small localised areas don't get me wrong, nothing major and nothing large but combined a respay might be the easiest answer, but if i am as it looks most likely going to have to end up having this as a keeper then i want it as immaculate as possible [as we do] so i am merely asking to see what my best options are to get to the place i really would far rather be in.

Added (2009-04-17, 2:16 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Where does the money all come from with regards to this type of work, i know a lot of time is taken with prep in all but with such widely differing charges it don't half make you wonder surprised

What is the best way of proceeding would it be best to stick with white i pressume as it is already white thus saving interior painting and just really deal with localised paint blemishes and top coat the lot.

My bonnet could be vnyil wrapped or have a bra made for it so no biggy there leaving only really my tailgate which could easily be prepped off, of the vehicle i suppose.

Anyone undertaken such a mamount task if so any tips, anything i should be making sure my man does or doesnt do to ensure a perfect finish

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 17/Apr/09, 7.25 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
the material aren't cheep any more, and depends on what type of paint shop it is they are not cheep places to run, prep is the key to any paint job

Date: Friday, 17/Apr/09, 7.27 PM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Ray Pm sent re above happy

Date: Saturday, 18/Apr/09, 9.05 PM | Message # 6
Private
Hi, Paintwork is very labour intesive and materials are expensive too. I've just painted a mercedes sprinter and I charged £800 which to be honest was a bit too cheap once I realised how many rust spots there were on it, the materials for this cost me somewhere around £200 - £250.
I've seen many people quoting different prices for resprays on t4's and to be honest I can't see how anyone can do a job for less than £800 and still have a business, but colour and condition of the van can make a big difference too.
Basically £1000 I think is a good starting point for a decent job.
Good luck,

www.maysgarage.com

Date: Saturday, 18/Apr/09, 10.13 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
Dougie tried to pm you back but it didn't send for some reason, ill try a gain

Date: Monday, 20/Apr/09, 2.27 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
I've seen many people quoting different prices for resprays on t4's and to be honest I can't see how anyone can do a job for less than £800 and still have a business, but colour and condition of the van can make a big difference too.
Basically £1000 I think is a good starting point for a decent job.

Mine is really not that bad its just needing freshened up, however thanks for the information, being white they start to look grubby quite quickly and then stone chips etc don't help the issue..

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Paintwork (To respray or not)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: