T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Would You Stop For Another T4 Onwer
Total of answers: 257

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Respray advice (Nobby Bimble could do with a lick of paint.)
Respray advice
Date: Sunday, 04/Mar/12, 10.00 AM | Message # 1
Major
Group: Members
We are thinking of getting the ol' van resprayed, I've been to a bodyshop near where I work they have quoted me a ballpark figure of £2-3k & approx a month to do the work shock (does need a bit of a dent removing and is 18 years old now!!). I will be trying another bodyshop nearby for a quote but can anyone recomend somewhere South Lakes or North Lancs area??

Any advice well appreciated

Cheers Guys

Chris

Chris says: Life, get more with a T4

Message edited by NobbyBimble - Sunday, 04/Mar/12, 10.00 AM

Date: Sunday, 04/Mar/12, 1.40 PM | Message # 2
Major general
do as much of the prep work (filling and sanding) as you can yourself that will keep the costs down.

as for your quote thats about right for a complete respray if they do all the prep work.

just be carefull you dont get a shitty job because you went for the cheapes6t quote as cheap garages dont always mean good garages

\

Date: Friday, 09/Mar/12, 9.38 PM | Message # 3
Major
Cheers LT.
I've had another quote at a very similar fee!! Looks like I'll have to raid the piggy bank yet again!!! It's working out which place is the best??

Chris says: Life, get more with a T4

Date: Monday, 12/Mar/12, 5.39 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Sure it will be worth it. As LT says go for a good one. I have a chap earmarked in Birmingham who does a fantastic job but that's a bit of a trek from the Lakes. Bear in mind three thousand is not a huge amount when you look at the manhours involved in a good paint job. It will make you that much happier though Nobby when you polish it on Sundays. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 12/Mar/12, 7.39 PM | Message # 5
Major general
I have to redo my body kit (as im sure a blind man fitted it).

The laquer has started to bubble/crack and come away as all the last owner did was (from what i can gather from visual inspection) is put a couple of screws in each arch and 2 bolts through the side skirts in order to have them sprayed attached to the van when he had the van resprayed (haha thats another story)

Result is poor filling job thats cracked as the arches have started to come away from body in 3 corners and the laquer has cracked and peeled same on the sliding door as he couldnt be bothered to take handle off to have it sprayed.

Hense cheap garages cheap jobs

im lucky however due to what i do for a living i have a compressor and spray gun and can spray up to about the size of the tailgate comfortably in my workshop the main body will have to be done in a garage and here i have about 6 very good ones round here including one right next door to the vw garage that i know they use

loads of other niggles with the beast that sometimes make me regret buying it but hey im enjoying doing what i can to repair/replace as i find the issues and at the end of the day at least ill know if i ever decide to sell i will have piece of mind the beast will be perfect

\

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Respray advice (Nobby Bimble could do with a lick of paint.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: