[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Arch Rolling
Arch Rolling
Date: Tuesday, 14/Jul/09, 12.22 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
Hey Guys

First post and a question for you all (hopefully in the right section). Does anyone know where I can get arch rolling done near Andover/Salisbury? I have phoned loads of places and not one can point me in the right direction! Any help appreciated...

He who hesitates is a damned fool.

Message edited by Admin - Tuesday, 14/Jul/09, 3.00 PM

Date: Tuesday, 14/Jul/09, 3.02 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Malfuss a great query sadly not one i know the answer to though maybe if your lucky Ray our resident Guru on all such matters will be along to advice biggrin
Can anyone help with this query wink

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 14/Jul/09, 9.27 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
sorry mate cant help ya , but you can get the tool from the USA from the Eastwood company if that helps

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 8.36 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Hi Malfuss and welcome. I am truly stumped. What is arch rolling....

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 8.43 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
it tucks the lip of the arch under so it dont rip the tyres to bits wink http://www.eastwood.com/autobody/fender-roller.html

Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 10.52 AM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Ahh. Thanks Ray. All is understood now. smile

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 15/Jul/09, 10.57 AM | Message # 7
Webmaster
It's not something i have actually heard of being done in T4 land to be honest hense i to was a bit confused yesterday when you asked i just hoped it was just my lack of knowledge that was the problem alas sadly not so..

If it were me i would join vwvortex and ask them, they are into heavily modifing T4's be sure and come back however to let us know how you get on, i think you will find if you research this matter however that there is absolutely no point as there is plenty of spae for most sizes of wheel on a T4....

Chas - Arch rolling is as Ray say's, mostly used in the racing world to get larger wheels and tyres on a car so as to get better roadholding and better turning circle i would of though illegal ona road going vehicle as wheel/tyre combos have to be INSIDE the arch at ALL times logic tells me if you don't have an arch it wouldn't be legal as teh only raeson for rolling would to put wheels on that wouldn't otherwise fit inside a standard arch wink i would seriously checkout the legalities first chap before attacking your arches ... surprised

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 19/Jul/09, 5.10 PM | Message # 8
Private
The main resaon is to get slightly more clearance for the 19's. They have a 35 offset and I'm running 85mm lowering springs so as you can imagine it's very close. I'll try vwvortex and let you know.

He who hesitates is a damned fool.

Date: Sunday, 19/Jul/09, 9.41 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
you could get the back of the wheel machined

Date: Monday, 20/Jul/09, 10.59 AM | Message # 10
Webmaster
Yeah come to think of it an CNC machine could probably shave enough off to make that work fine and look forward to hearing the answers on this one biggrin
Check Yell.com for machine companies close by to your locale most now have a CNC machine or a lathe capable of doing such operations wink

Date: Monday, 20/Jul/09, 11.38 AM | Message # 11
Colonel
Mate had his mk2 golf arches rolled,so i could find out how they were done wink

Think the guy who did them used a sealer on inside lip then rolled to seal then.

Can only think,to stop rusting!

Will find out more biggrin

THE WHEELS ON THE BUS GO ROUND AND ROUND

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Arch Rolling
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: