T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Would You Stop For Another T4 Onwer
Total of answers: 257

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » REAR WIPER ARM (T4 1995 800 SP.)
REAR WIPER ARM
Date: Sunday, 20/Dec/09, 10.51 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
Hi Guys
Can anyone tell me or give me a link to where i might buy a rear wiper arm with washer attachment for my T4 ?
Thanks in advance
K

\

Message edited by Admin - Monday, 21/Dec/09, 10.26 AM

Date: Monday, 21/Dec/09, 10.32 AM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Hi
In response to your query i would suggest E-Bay in Germany as if one is produced that would be the place to source it i would of thought as i am not aware of any being sold in the UK.

Why couldn't you adapt one from another vehicle to suit, shouldn't of thought it would be to diffucult, i am positive my Volvo had them on ALL wipers as have several top line vehicles surely it would only be a matter of finding one of the right length and fitting it up accordingly, i think that would be my solution, and one i might adopt on my "Ice Queen" build currently underway, although i need to source space for a reversing camera also somewhere around the same area cool

Hope that helps you a bit, possibly one of our more informed members will eb along shortly to answer more procisely for now that's the best we can offer

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 22/Dec/09, 10.34 AM | Message # 3
Private
Hello and thankyou for that advice..
I think i will definitely try that option first. In fact i will go now to try and source one.

I took her in yesterday to get the tracking done as my left tyre is wearing badly on the outer and inner rims. The guys said i need two new track rod ends. I went to buy one frome euro parts and when looking on the computer i was faced with 6 different options.
My vehicle is a 1995 1.9 diesel. I have the badges for the 800 special all over her yet in my log book she's down as a carravelle??? Very confused. Can anyone advise as to whythat might be?? PLease any help greatly received.

\

Date: Wednesday, 23/Dec/09, 9.00 AM | Message # 4
Private
Well it turned out nothing wrong with the track rod ends ( goes to show always get a second opinion). I took her to quickfit, they said the tracking was way out and set her up again. Asked for 27.50, i negotiated with them and they did it for 20, not a bad deal i thought.
Still have no rear wiper arm though.

\

Date: Thursday, 24/Dec/09, 7.06 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Hi Marx. I use http://www.vagcat.com/ as it lists all years of transporter and the data is useful for nailing down parts that are specific to different years of production. The euro price given is comparable to VW van centres in pounds. If nothing else it's good at the parts counter as you can point to the right bit when the stores chap gets the pic up on the pc there. I have found it useful on several occasions now. I would not discount buying parts from VW as so far I have been pleasantly surprised at their prices. All parts of the rear wiper are listed. You need to register and log in to use the online catalogue. smile

Mine is down as a five seater on the logbook but there is no evidence that it has been anything other than a three.

Once logged in this is the link to the wiper assy for your year.
http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/TR/1996/169/57/2048159/

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Thursday, 24/Dec/09, 7.11 AM

Date: Thursday, 24/Dec/09, 1.58 PM | Message # 6
Private
tHANKYOU KINDLY SIR, i'VE REGISTERED AND ALL SEEMS WELL. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE PRICES VERY GOOD. I GOT A REAR WINDSCREEN LAST WEEK INSTALLED FOR 120 ALL IN.

\

Date: Thursday, 24/Dec/09, 3.19 PM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Prices vary spectacularily all arond the country, and from business to business, which is teh competition part, of it which is fair enough, but what you will also find, even on mundane service parts many add what i refer to as a "Scene Tax"

Wherby ANY part, accessory, panel, or item will have a noticeable mark up as the seller belive we are stupid!!!

As we are all part of the VW gang, that in T1 terms [no offense to any T1 driver mind] i just beleive they have set the benchmark for ridiculious prices where a tatty T1 is worth well in excess of a really smart well made T4, which i find incredible and where T3 prices are starting to get really really silly now.....even T4's are getting crazy price wise as many find it as the next T1-T3 it will not be long until T4's also price themselves out the market to most, at which point T5's will be more appealing and so on and so forth, we can well complain all we want but the sad truth is that we the owners and enthusiasts cause these issues by very very often pay far to much for what is essentially a VAN, which has a knock on effect with their parts obviously....

When it comes to mechanical parts, especially with 1.9's i have often found searching for the lesser VW marques parts i.e Skoda, Seat and often even Audi's can pay dividends in terms of costs over aftermarket steepy priced copies, so the best advice after all that is to compare the market always when seeking any part for your bus, as often cheaper alternatives are available, which can often save you a fortune...

The only place i will never compromise is when servicing my bus i always without fail fit VW parts [filters,cambelts, waterpumps] and such like as it is well proven it is false economy to do anything else, apart from that good brakes, tyres and steering and you will have a bus that will be dependable, start, drive and be enjoyable to own for many years to come, and save you a fortune on parts to boot..

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 24/Dec/09, 3.26 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Well said mate. Can't beat proper bits. I see adverts for hoodies!!!! cool

You're welcome Mr Marx smile

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Thursday, 24/Dec/09, 3.27 PM

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » REAR WIPER ARM (T4 1995 800 SP.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: