T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best model of T4
Total of answers: 242

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » black plastic wheel arches (looking for some)
black plastic wheel arches
Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 9.18 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Members
i know you can get chrome wheel arch covers but im looking for some black plastic ones. iv seen them on ebay so i know they are around.
does any one know of a webb site to get them as iv looked and cant find them.
thanks malc

If it got tyres its going to cost you money

Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 11.34 AM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Malc
The only place i know of is Justcampers.co.uk simply ytpe into their search box plastic wheelarches that should do the trick.....
A small work of warning they are about £75 for all 4 posted around the same price as the chrome ones wacko i had a set of chrome ones on White Noise as she was white it looked good.

Consensus of opinion was when i was contemplating buying either as i was at the time is that the black ones look like your trying to hide something, which let's face it you most probably are, i.e scabby wheelarches a common comnplaint on T4's at least the chrome ones look like an accessory.....

Below is the advice i obtain re - fitting either/or type
All are better left NOT sealered onto the body and applied with only 3 screws at top middle and bottom so as to be able to be taken off to clean behind at intervals, as dirt, water and grime will build up, making rusting issues far worse, far best to treat all rust on arches agressively with good quality rust remedies, pre fitting and paint with something like cu-rust, over painting with Hammerite to just below the edge of your arch cover, then covering with arch cover, thus keeping them intact, and clean looking far longer, [don't forget to well treat the area around the mounting holes, and don't be fooled sealer them on and it will not be long beofre you have far worse rust up far higher than just your arches....

If it was to of been chrome ones you were going for best to of Vansport via E-bay to purchase good quality chrome against other cheaper versions

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 12/Feb/10, 3.02 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Group: Members
Thanks mate ill have a look
Malc

If it got tyres its going to cost you money

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » black plastic wheel arches (looking for some)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: