Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What Do You Think of Our New Site Design?
Total of answers: 109

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 - My Van (Rust On My Tailgate ??)
T4 - My Van
Date: Sunday, 08/Mar/09, 2.46 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Ever since we first got our bus, we have had a bit of rust right in the centre of our tailagte !!

Just as the lip turns to go under the rear windscreen which is where the issue starts, it has not gotten any worse it would seem since we purchased the bus, although the rust mark running from it would suggest otherwise, the time is appraoching for it and a few other blemishes to be gone for ever...

Now what i really need to know is as i will be probably doing this entirely myself shockinga s it may seem, i am able to, maybe not pyshically but i am ceratinly knowledge wise able to!!

When i first asked about this i was told i would require to take the rear screen out to do it ??

This being the case i would most probably be better off letting the pros do it as im not proficient enough for that, but i really dont think it is nessesary anyway, you thoughts please!!

Given the window has to come out, would the best plan not be to source a replacement rear tailgate in good nick, get it painted off of the van, then fitted once completed which would probably be cheaper and easier anyway, as the van would not require to be off of the road to long, stuck in a bodyshop .

Attachments: 8652764.jpg (14.5 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 08/Mar/09, 8.11 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Members
shouldn't cost a lot to get it taken out then refitted, but depends how bad it is you could get a piece of wire and thread it under the seal to lift it to do the work on it

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Sunday, 08/Mar/09, 8.18 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Ray
From what i can see it doesnt go far back enough to be under the window anyway, i honestly think it was just a over zelous bodywork guy who claims he "ALWAYS" takes windows out kind of thing "if" he does a-b or c he always does i don't know taht it was becaus e mine actually needed it seeing as how those commenting had not seen the picture nor my van.,

It will cost in the region of £50 to take it out and anotehr £50 to put it back which seems to take the totals up quite a bit, i'm prettty damn sure if i searched hard enough i could fine a suitable white one at that cost to go straight on her.

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 08/Mar/09, 8.26 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
sound expensive that m8 cost me £40 for removal and refit, but tend to take them out my self with a good Stanley knife and cut the bond very carefully all the way round

Date: Sunday, 08/Mar/09, 8.27 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
oh from the in side smile

Date: Wednesday, 11/Mar/09, 2.46 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Yeah ok for those in the know to much for little old me to do, i'm afraid wouldn't have the guts to cut it out incase i broke it !
looks like it will have to be a total replacement than if all else fails

Date: Friday, 27/Mar/09, 6.33 PM | Message # 7
Major general
Just leave the van outside the youth club,,,,,,,,,,,they'l take it out for you. biggrin

Stan

Date: Friday, 27/Mar/09, 8.07 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
lol lol lol

Date: Saturday, 28/Mar/09, 6.17 PM | Message # 9
Webmaster
Your not wrong there but wouldn't be much good to the rebuild prospects would it

Date: Tuesday, 07/Apr/09, 6.22 PM | Message # 10
Major general

Hightop from Drivelodge motor homes .awaiting prices.

Attachments: 2856832.jpg (11.4 Kb)

Stan

Date: Tuesday, 07/Apr/09, 6.23 PM | Message # 11
Major general

And one for t5

Attachments: 1563059.jpg (15.8 Kb)

Stan

Date: Tuesday, 07/Apr/09, 6.46 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Thanks Stan you know how to cheer a bloke up don't you NOT

Date: Tuesday, 07/Apr/09, 8.53 PM | Message # 13
Major general
Get some money out of yer sporran yer can't take it with you. (although being a Scotsperson you may have found a way)!!! tongue

Stan

Date: Tuesday, 07/Apr/09, 8.59 PM | Message # 14
Webmaster
surprised You have had yer final warning remeber or is the old memory playing tricks again cool

Date: Wednesday, 08/Apr/09, 9.06 AM | Message # 15
Major general
My short term memory isn't as sharp as it was.............also my short term memory isn't as sharp as it was! wacko

Stan

Date: Wednesday, 08/Apr/09, 6.32 PM | Message # 16
Webmaster
Also yer short term memory aint all it was surprised

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 - My Van (Rust On My Tailgate ??)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: