T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best model of T4
Total of answers: 242

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » t4 wheel arches (rust repair)
t4 wheel arches
Date: Wednesday, 24/Mar/10, 9.27 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Members
hi
my 96 t4(white) is rusting around the wheel arches and the bottom sills.
some bright spark has had a go at sorting it and just sprayed some primer or something back over the top.
this is of course a different colour and looks rubbish.
is there a way i can sort this out without spending a fortune
also there is a bit of a ding in the lower wing
it looks as though it will push out but i don't want to be the one to do it.
any ideas
cheers

x

Date: Wednesday, 24/Mar/10, 9.30 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Members
also
can you get over arches in white?
cheers

x

Date: Thursday, 25/Mar/10, 11.18 AM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Hi Crabby and welcome to our community.....

Ah the age old "rust" issues T4's are usually good on that front and i am sure no way compare to comparible makes, however do sucome to it to some degree, the wheelarches being one place unfortunately that every vehicle will at some point rust from due mostly to stone chips that are not repaired quickly enough...

Ok so to a cure overarches are available from both Vansport and Jk unfortunately not in a range of colours though Vansport do silver/chrome ones which i had on "White Noise" and which look good on a white van and in my poinion are the best and Jk's oe black abs plastic "Gti" look-a-like ones which are ovberpriced in my view anyway thats about it on the choice front i am afraid [below u can see a image of White Noise with its arches on]like em or loath them that's your choices cool

Failing that it will be a paintwork specailist i'm afraid being your only recourse fortunately your van will be L902 VW Common white which should be easy to blend into the surrounding paintwork which will make it a bit cheaper....

$IMAGE1$

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » t4 wheel arches (rust repair)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: