T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best colour for a T4
Total of answers: 406

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Trim on edge of high top
Trim on edge of high top
Date: Saturday, 27/Mar/10, 9.00 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Guest Members
Where the high top sits on top of the van near the windscreen there is a U channel plastic trim which runs along the edge of the fibreglass, what type of glue is used to hold this on? I guess it's got to be a waterproof one, maybe a silicone sealant would be better??

I married an Alien.

Date: Saturday, 27/Mar/10, 10.22 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Members
should of got one of mine biggrin biggrin stikaflex or window bond will do the trick

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Sunday, 28/Mar/10, 6.27 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Yip i would say where any panel meets metal or any other panels use either Silkaflex or panel glue both of which will last well in most conditions...

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 29/Mar/10, 3.46 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Group: Guest Members
I did just push it back on, went for a 30 mile drive and sods law, it kept in place, unlike last time, it kept tapping on the body just above the windscreen.

It's funny what time and the elements do to different products, both ends are still firmly glued in place, when trying to push the rest of it back on I end up with loop some where, it's obviously stretched over time.

I know I'm going to have to remove it and do a proper fix with stikaflex one day.

I married an Alien.

Date: Tuesday, 30/Mar/10, 11.58 AM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Looks kind of that way probably a simple case of not enough "glue" on the bit that keeps coming off or possibly none and its only glued at either end which is why it stays on.......and the rest doesn't

Our new pop top has a channel similar to what you describe on the front face of it which seals against the top of the windscreen but it is an intregal part of the moulding placed into it when the shell is moulded so it will be fine for many many years to come, well for at least however long i own it at any rate tongue fortunately it would matter even if it did fail as water wouldn't get in its only to stop the wind from whistling as you drive along.....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Trim on edge of high top
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: