[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T5 Bonded Windows
T5 Bonded Windows
Date: Wednesday, 12/May/10, 11.46 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Members
Hi there
After significant surfing it appears the going rate for n/s and o/s bonded window fitment to a T5 (with limo tint) is about 300 quid. I live in Essex and it appears the nearest place that i can find is in Birmingham. Anyone know of any closer firms? And before anyone suggests it i am not going to do it myself and put my beloved T5 under the knife !!!

Regards .....................Pablo

z

Date: Wednesday, 12/May/10, 7.17 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Full T4 fitting guide coming shortly ..... its really not that hard bro seriously its not cool
I live in Scotland so cant really help sadly but several companies now do them shouldnt be a problem to get fitted, but your estimate is about right....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 12/May/10, 8.14 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Ive been looking myself & personally I would take mine to Tidy Ts in lutterworth just off th M1 & M6,
im no to far from you in hertfordshie on the essex border nr cheshunt.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Thursday, 13/May/10, 10.38 AM | Message # 4
Webmaster
If it helps there below is the cost of purchasing the base windows

T5 Windows prices

Fitted windows

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 13/May/10, 1.51 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
Cheers guys
Tidy T's is definately closer. My van is in near mint condition i just cant do it myself !!!!

Pablo

z

Date: Thursday, 13/May/10, 4.55 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Why cant you do it yourself its honestly not hard !!

When are you intending getting it done ??? If your willing to travel to Scotland i guarentee i could get you it cheaper probably by quite a bit also biggrin

Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 3.39 AM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Im sure youve looked at the tidy ts website & seen there pics of one in progress as i have & as an engineer they do look like they do a pukker job, I did find one a vagfest 7 it was awfull the windows werent flush like they should be.

The only question I would be asking them is what do they do to the bare metal do they paint it or just stick bond or that window black on it ?

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 7.43 AM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
The windows from the inside look like they are factory as the strengthening on the inside of the van follows the opening nicely. Had mine done at Ultimate but Tidy transporters does the same job and I think the prices are similar. For a T4 £290 all in. Openers I believe were £390.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 11.05 AM | Message # 9
Webmaster
Ok guys the issue with windows is as follows..

There are two types of windows A that sit on an external and internal u channel rubber i.e the ones Rob say at Vanfest which are cheaper to buy and fit like old style car windows in essense that use a big chunky rubber.......not the pretiest but functional

And there are flush fit ones that are essntially flsuh fitted to the space and bonded in

With the later flush type the issuses are more in how the two panel skins are held together rather than anything else as some sinlpy bond these with silkaflex or bonding agent which is not really sufficient to supply the strength the panel requires so as to not loose any rigidity in said panel and the sides of your vehicle thus if they are toi be fitted correctly around the aperture gap has absolutely GOT to be spot welded not silkaflexed which is the correct way to do it..

Hope that helps a bit to clear up how it "should" be done

Date: Friday, 28/May/10, 4.16 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Hi
Sorry for the delay. I spoke to Tidy T's they wont fit windows to a T5 only T4's ! Not happy about getting snubbed like that angry Well if they dont want my cash then Wagencraft do so i have booked it in there instead.

Regards.................Pablo

z

Date: Friday, 28/May/10, 7.18 PM | Message # 11
Generalissimo
Vote with your feet mate. It's the best policy! smile

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 29/May/10, 12.49 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Seems a strange policy when they deal with both T4/T5 models dont they ......

I fully agree though if they either can't or wont worry not plenty will, i have to say however i do remember my friends at V-Worx saying that fitting T5 windows is NOT quite the same as fitting T4 ones hence possibly the reluctance to fit them, who knows definately missing a trick...

Pablo do me a favour and be sure to come back and tell us how it all went, what it cost etc and any issues if there were any as we have not heard of this company thx happy all good companies we want to know about cool

Date: Saturday, 29/May/10, 2.14 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant colonel
will do matey !!!

z

Date: Friday, 04/Jun/10, 6.51 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
Windows fitted limo tint non opening BOOOOOOOTIFULLL smile

The guys at Wagencraft are very friendly and helpful. Great advice given about all aspects of T5's not trying to flog me extras either. All done in 3 hrs and i had a nice cycle ride along the towpaths of the local canal in the meantime.

Ask for directions though if you use them as its hard to find and they have 2 bases Solihull and Redditch.

They will do work on any van and do interiors electrics paint and one off builds.

Would recommend if you are a chicken like me and dare not cut a hole in the side of your van DIY styleeee !!! smile

z

Date: Saturday, 05/Jun/10, 8.15 AM | Message # 15
Generalissimo
I didn't realise they were so close. Have to look them up and yes, the cycling round here is great.

Chas! [Social Convener]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T5 Bonded Windows
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: