Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What Do You Think of Our New Site Design?
Total of answers: 109

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Spray'd the van (Now to put it all back together)
Spray'd the van
Date: Wednesday, 16/Jun/10, 9.30 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Members
Prep'd and spray'd the van this week cool

If it got tyres its going to cost you money

Date: Wednesday, 16/Jun/10, 9.36 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Prep!!

Attachments: 9226615.jpg (40.6 Kb) · 2676728.jpg (27.1 Kb)

Date: Wednesday, 16/Jun/10, 9.37 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
And unwrap

Attachments: 4657465.jpg (26.1 Kb)

Date: Thursday, 17/Jun/10, 8.27 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Looks decent mate. How was the finish in celly... has been nice and warm for you at least. smile

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 17/Jun/10, 11.09 AM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Group: Admin

The weather was most definately with you this week for sure, looks fine, still dont like celly paints but i sposse they are easier to work. Amazing what someone can do with such materials when they put their minds to it ..... just a lot of "mopping" now i spose to get a good deep shine.
White is defo the colour for a T4 tho...

BTW welcome to the Elite Team White ... Of which i am also Hounourary member happy wacko biggrin cool biggrin
Attachments: 0595394.jpg (8.0 Kb) · 5509585.png (2.1 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 17/Jun/10, 11.21 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
Put it all back together today. :))

I've only sprayed panels before and i've only used celly but found spraying the van a steep learning curve as reloading a spray gun 4/5 times to get around the van a bit tricky (although i did have a mate on hand to do the pouring).

I am going to look into trying 2K in my spray booth next and play around with a few panels (T4 rear door is the largest thing i can get in it) so heres a few picks of it finished on the out side.

I'll post picks of the inside in the interiors section.

Attachments: 4466834.jpg (28.4 Kb) · 6145017.jpg (30.8 Kb)

Date: Friday, 18/Jun/10, 7.46 AM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Beware mate... once you've used 2k you will never touch celly again. Years ago my very first 2k job was done in February on a Magnum estate. (remember those?) Painted at 2am, demasked at 4am and ready to go out to customer the next morning. And it was a metallic. It was bloody cold too. It's more expensive but more economical and you get a finish from the gun. It also goes over most substrates unlike cellulose but beware of silicon.
I used a filtered cannister mask instead of an airfed which I found difficult to see through. I believe the health problems are related to sensitisation of the chemicals used and although I'm not recommending doing it that way, after hundreds of resprays and millions of cigarettes I can still run up the stairs and ride a bike without seeing approaching angels. Each to their own. biggrin

Btw.... looks like you did a good job on the van going by the photos..... nice one. cool

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Friday, 18/Jun/10, 7.48 AM

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Spray'd the van (Now to put it all back together)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: