T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Rate our site
Total of answers: 97

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » how long before washing?
how long before washing?
Date: Tuesday, 22/Jun/10, 10.52 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Members
As you may know iv resprayed my van with celly.
any one know how long it should be left before it can be washed and cut , then waxed?
also how long before i can apply stickers.
thanks malc

If it got tyres its going to cost you money

Date: Tuesday, 22/Jun/10, 11.06 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
well ive hear all sorts on this from a day to a week but when i worked in an accident repair centre there was no real waiting only the time to put it back together then it was washed & some quick polish applied.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 11.44 AM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
In this weather mate you should have no problem cutting cellulose back the next day and applying wax. Stickers will be fine now too.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 11.54 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Group: Members
thanks guys

If it got tyres its going to cost you money

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 11.56 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Do you have a mop Malc?

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 1.36 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Yeah i would off said a week or so which it now has been just to properly let the paint dry but as we have had + 20 temps all week it will inside or out have been essentially baked by now so will be fine...... best to use a Mop as Chas says as it will apply even cutting pressure and save burning or burnishing off your new paint job, make sure you use plenty of water with any cutting compound as it will rapidly dry out otherwsie and you will not get it off working in only very small areas even in the shade the panels will still be very hot its best to do such jobs inside and out of sunlight, [its not the first time i have seen t-cut left on or baked on by the sun nessesitating a full respray surprised as it dries rock hard and will not then come off]....... your stickers can be applied anytime buddy without fear.... cool

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » how long before washing?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: