Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best model of T4
Total of answers: 242

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Parts/Acc's For Sale & Wanted » T4 - Steel Wheels + wheeltrims ("Full set sought")
T4 - Steel Wheels + wheeltrims
Date: Tuesday, 24/Aug/10, 8.20 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
I need a full set of 5 stud T4 steelies and wheel trims in a hurry guys with good tyres preffered ???? [

[or info as to what other steel wheels will fit a 1999 T reg] surprised

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 24/Aug/10, 9.56 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Butter me up why dont you biggrin I still have my original steels in the garage with imaculate trims......... & good tyres......

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Wednesday, 25/Aug/10, 5.45 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Rob yr my bestsest pal, [really] grovel grobvel, i made you a Mod on this wonderful community? [let you win at Griezdale, who knows who will get it this time!!!] and best of all class you as my friend ?????

Seriously though - what's it gonna cost me to bring em to Griezdale for me buddy ???

[Maybe The peaks if her indoors has her way too were working on that one but cant promise anything]

And just for good measure a bit more buttering up

Attachments: 7702840.jpg (16.9 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 25/Aug/10, 8.41 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
first of make sure they fit they are the 15 inch not the 16s i mentioned in another forum if in doubt see my brake data for info but im sure i no need to tell you how to check this.

if they fit make me an offer, they are sitting in the garage doing nothing when I last checked one or two tyre mayhave had some cracking on the inside wall that will be the only defects found on them plenty of tread with comercial tyres 195/55/15 i beleive ive got it written down somewhere & also on my DEAD N96.

let me know if you want me to bring em to the peaks as they are in garage 20mile away & its all go now to get ready for the peaks.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 9.08 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
I still have mine too but I gave the trims to a lad at work for his sprinter. If you need any to make up the numbers let me know. There may be one or two tyres that are ok but at least one of 'em out of the four would need replacing. I'll be packing the van tomorrow so as long as I know by then.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 12.18 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Cheers guys between you all i need a set of 4 legal/safe ones ....

I have one as my spare a 15" i think which was brand new when i got my van ???

So could we find out which are legal and which are not as my idea would be to drive down with the alloys on and change them whilst there and then loose the alloys at same time [anyone swop, exchange etc a set of 15 caravelle alloys" caravelle alloys ? as in picture all good legal treads wheels just repainted]

As i have knowhere to store them in my van or at home and they will be little to no use anyway as i wouldnt have them on a van again... i think 16's might of been better but sadly they not are to come by however with real van tyres on they will at least fit the arches which currently they dont and look silly small hence the change

Attachments: 7760172.jpg (148.7 Kb)

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 12.25 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
I note they are 205/55/15 mine are 129/55/15 only slightly wider are your current ones.

Attachments: 5563520.jpg (51.2 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 12.26 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
If you want to see em ill bring em to the peaks & you can veiw em.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 12.35 PM | Message # 9
Webmaster
Not entirely sure we are coming yet buddy busy trying to make matresses that will work as i type along with curtains and a whole load of other bits and getting stuff to work etc .....

The main reason for doing it was we felt that the wheels looked tiny in the arch ????? but looking at yours im now not so sure it is wrong as there looks to be about the same ??? So possibly im better trying to source some 17's or 18's per say as i DONT want to lower it any but hate that empty arch

So for now halt that thought until we assess whats what it will be fine just now and my Griezdale i will know whats what and decide from there as you were pask your vans without spares for me for now guys and thanks a lot for the assistance.... surprised

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 12.40 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Your welcome................... biggrin

if you want to see silly

& then I fixed that by changing to 22/55/17 Tyres

Attachments: 7651864.jpg (49.0 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 1.14 PM | Message # 11
Webmaster
Thats about what mine look like just now hate it looks so naff so whats the answer then ??? change all the tyres ?? the wheels ??? what i really would far rather have steelies but if i must keep the ones i got whats the best route for me to fill them there arches without lowering it ????

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 1.28 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
ok iv just checked my book

tyres should be 195/70/R 15 or 205/65/R 15 you got 55s there is ur answer as to why they look small so I must have my data wrong thuther up.

Personally I would keep the alloys & just change the tyres for corrrect tyres & its just as cheap as getting steels but without the issue of the tyres being worn or damaged, I can suggest online sources for best pirce delivered to your door & avarege fitting is 10 per wheel.

The reason I say keep the alloys is a weight issue, hear me out, you have genuine vw caravelle alloys so they will take the weight & they are slightly lighter than the steel versions so with your bus mods & alloyes you can legally carry that extra pound or two without breaking laws at least until your re-classify the bus.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 6.36 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Members
Dougie,
watch incase you raise the final ratio too much if you go up in wheel diameter then you should really go down in sidewall profile. So it's all a compromise.
And the alloys you have will not sap as much torque as the steelies.
I had to get new crownwheel and pinions for the diffs in my landie and then even had to fit super low gearing to the transfer box when i fitted the 35 inch tyres. Cos the gearing was all messed up and low range was to quite so low anymore.

The new rims and tyres on mine are only half an inch taller than the origional rims and tyres.
a 1 inch drop may be the answer without the compromise in ride quality.

paddlewaggen,

If everything is coming your way, youre in the wrong lane!!!

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 6.43 PM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Cough... splutter... 35 inch did you say Glen??? How did you keep it upright with those on mate? biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 6.44 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant colonel
before and after
Attachments: 5612677.jpg (282.6 Kb) · 9618583.jpg (193.2 Kb)

paddlewaggen,

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 6.47 PM | Message # 16
Webmaster
Stay on topic sir Chas pls surprised

Ok so new tyres all round then seems to be the answer it shall have to wait though for a while at least till holiday season is over and its in resting surprised when i can hopefully get around to all the other bits and bobs required to sort it out to my liking .... surprised

I have a buddy here who owns and operates one of Scotland's biggest tyre supply companies so i shall give im a bell and see what he says to supply and fit all 5 so they are the same only they wont be coz ones a steelie wink

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 6.51 PM | Message # 17
Webmaster
Quote (RS_ROB)
tyres should be 195/70/R 15 or 205/65/R 15 you got 55s there is ur answer as to why they look small so I must have my data wrong thuther up.

This being the case being that its a full 4 berth campervan whats my best options then to bopth make it look good and sit right ??

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 6.52 PM | Message # 18
Generalissimo
Are those the same size as on my Caravelle mate? Those are 15's too. Not sure of the aspect ratio but they are commercial so guess it would be 70. Remember you said it looked high.... or did you mean the wheels looked small?

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 6.53 PM | Message # 19
Lieutenant colonel
35" diameter tyres Chas. Plus it had the droop lift also. 35"x12.5"x16"

once or twice, it did fall over Chas..

Attachments: 9668518.jpg (60.7 Kb) · 1055761.jpg (41.5 Kb)

paddlewaggen,

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 7.01 PM | Message # 20
Webmaster
I meant the wheels looked small given it will of sunk some due to the weight now onboard due to the conversion and there is still a lot of space between the arch and the tyre .....

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 7.22 PM | Message # 21
Generalissimo
correct trye are either 70 hight by 195 wide or 65 high by 205 wide

I can give you a full list if you want inclu recomended manufacturers or would you rather I create a full data file later this evening after ive done all Ive got to do.....

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 7.28 PM | Message # 22
Webmaster
Its cool bro worry not i know know just wasn't sure - van to pack must dash laters Eastenders and shower early bed long drive in that order [god knows what im gonna do im usually in bed by 7pm as well cool ]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 7.32 PM | Message # 23
Generalissimo
me wireed been to gym gotta move piggies & do shopping followed by beer to force me to sleep tonight biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 05/Sep/10, 11.31 AM | Message # 24
Lieutenant colonel
how confusing, got this to come, looking for alloys, could be next year though.
quick question....my tape says 16" across the rim but tyres say 15 bet theres an easy answer.

Dont forget otherwise you wont remember

Date: Sunday, 05/Sep/10, 11.59 AM | Message # 25
Generalissimo
I think its the inside diameter of the tyre, the bit that sits in the well.

Chas! [Social Convener]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Parts/Acc's For Sale & Wanted » T4 - Steel Wheels + wheeltrims ("Full set sought")
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: