Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best model of T4
Total of answers: 242

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » Post Your Clubs Meetings, Shows and Gatherings or Cruises (Let us all know when, where and how your club regulary meet)
Post Your Clubs Meetings, Shows and Gatherings or Cruises
Date: Monday, 06/Apr/09, 4.54 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
An area to allow you to advertise when, where and what your OFFLINE club, group or VW community is up to.

Where your next cruise is to be held, where you regularily meet.

All the usual to allow our members to maybe come along if your group suits them, gainiong more members for some of the smaller clubs out there.

Post away feel free to tell us all a bit about your group etc at the same time, i am sure we would all like to know a bit more about some of the smaller lesser known, clubs particularily.

We all look forward to hearing from you whether you are a club member or Secretary or Chairperson its all one to us.

Slanj

Added (2009-04-06, 2:29 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Northern Dub Foundation

well i'll start the ball rollin then eh?
our vw club, northern dub foundation, many of us are t4 owners. are having our next meet on the 15 march , in the carpark opposite the auctioneer pub/restaurant on auchinleck drive in rosehill , carlisle, cumbria, ca1 2ur. just behind the vw dealers
there's normally a good mix of v dubs turn up. at our last meet in feb there was about 30 vag rides , but we'll always welcome more

well if your in the area pop along, you'll be more than welcome. were about 2 mins from the m6 junction 43

Added (2009-04-06, 2:31 Pm)
Durham Dubbers meet, every second Sunday of the month, at The Floaters Mill , Woodstone Village, Fencehouses DH4 6BQ if your ever in the neighbor hood pop in

Added (2009-04-06, 4:54 Pm)
Ok gang Stew is back from his travels now [lucky ++] anyway who is going to be willing to put their names down after ours as willing to attend and to sponsor his boy to swim across Lake Windemere i think it was
------------

The details are as follows all willing and wanting to attend we are not going to make this a formal meet so what was suggested was that every member taking part would upon arrival at the campsite place in Stew's sweaty left mit a crisp new £10 the reason for this would be to show our support and boost his son's donation fund, which i think would be a nice gesture .....

So if Stew would be so kind as to fill us in on the full details so we are better able to plan ahead, as if there is not enough to make booking a site together then the White Noise crew might just come down for the day. although we beleieved that with it being in the Lake District and quite central for all it would be an ideal chance for a meet and greet, whilst helping i am sure a worthy cause.......

STEW HELP........................

Added (2009-04-06, 4:51 Pm)
Attending

White Noise + 3 [probably]

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 06/Apr/09, 9.49 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Members
smile smile Well thanks for that Dougie. Fab idea. I'm seeing my son this weekend so I'll get as much info as possible n take it from there. I'm pretty sure he's swimming on Sun. 13 Sept. start & finish I need to find out. I'll keep you informed.

Stew

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!
http://stewnjo.blogspot.com

Date: Tuesday, 07/Apr/09, 1.27 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Cheers if you could i would be obliged as if we have to try and book a site etc i need to know how many for as quick as possible to try and get it arranged

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 12/Apr/09, 8.43 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Ok Dougie, my son's booked to swim on Sun 13 Sept. at 10am The start (and finish) is from the Low Wood Hotel on the shore of Lake Windermere.

If anyone wants info its www.greatswim.org/ then select Great North Swim. So we'll need a suitable campsite in the near locality.

Stew

Attending

White Noise + 3 [probably]
Stew n Joan

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Monday, 13/Apr/09, 9.19 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Would be up for that providing my new bosses will give me the time off. If Not then definitely up for a tenner anyway. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 13/Apr/09, 12.10 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Good man the tenner by the way was just to show support to his cause not anything to do with T4 -T5 Club Uk we are a totally free community we charge for nowt tongue

Stew any updates yet ???

Anyone else

So list thus far starting to look more viable now

Stew and Joan [livin the dream]
Dougie + 2 [White Noise]
Chas ?? [??]
???

Date: Monday, 13/Apr/09, 7.03 PM | Message # 7
Major general
For latest info. see my reply above (yesterday Sunday).

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 3.54 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Come on guys anyone else into this very worthwhile cause wink

Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 7.07 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
might be up for it but wont know till nearer the time

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 7.13 PM | Message # 10
Webmaster
As ammended cool

Stew and Joan [livin the dream]
Dougie + 2 [White Noise]
Chas ?? [??]
Ray poss biggrin

Date: Sunday, 26/Apr/09, 9.59 PM | Message # 11
Major general
Well for those of you who might want to know my Joan has taken volantary redundancy & this has been accepted. So she finishes on 30 April. Not long now!!. So we have decided to take a L...O...N...G holiday in France. We've booked the ferry crossing for Tues 12 May & return on the Tues 8 Sept. Our plan is to spend a few weeks at our farmhouse then off around France then back to the farmhouse for a few weeks before returning to the UK, so we can be at Windermere to see my son do his sponsored swim on Sun 13 Sept. So with this in mind during this next week I'm going to book a site for the weekend of the 12/13 Sept. I'll let you know where so if anybody's interested in joining us you'd be more than welcome. biggrin biggrin

Stew

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Monday, 27/Apr/09, 12.18 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Strewth Stew that was swift was it not surprised but hey best of to you only wish it were me cool

Tell me you've with some of that redunady money invested in a wireless laptop PLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE sad sad sad sad if not i might consider coming over to France and dragging you back

The Mac White Noise Clan are intending coming to cheer on your son even if no one else does Stew so post up where you will be, not sure yet if we will be staying, or even bringing the camper yet but forsaking tornados and such like we will be at your side as promised.

Date: Monday, 27/Apr/09, 7.54 PM | Message # 13
Major general
I have a wireless laptop, & have used it in France last year, but the speed & connection was absolutely cr*p, & the cost was somewhat excessive. So won't be using my Dongle!! wacko wacko

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 5.29 PM | Message # 14
Webmaster
Don't they have phone or mobile connections ??? my mate has a cottage in Manche i shall ask what he does for you as i know he won't spend anything he doesn't have to. cool

In anycase there will be internet cafes etc you could use so no excuses, we want a running comentary, at least once a week to tell us where you are even an e-mail to me and i will tell the community what your up to would settle for a text tongue And of course a full itinerised diary and image gallery when you return.

My daughter is going to France at the end of June to Bourdeaux with her school so we might just have to come over during her week good excuse surprised surprised Rockley Adventures if anyone knows them a large Uk company settling up water sports holidays for Uk kids in France great name and safety record apparently the bees kness and are one of the best for it so we are led to believe...

[For anyone new who doesn't know on both T4 Camper our original home and here at T4 -T5 Club Stew is as close to a founder member as we have being no 3 to register excluding myself and no 1 to register excluding myself here biggrin cool his daily wit, caharm and assistanc ewill be missed over the coming months when he shall be away sad ]

Date: Tuesday, 28/Apr/09, 8.22 PM | Message # 15
Major general
dry Or shucks, you're embarrasing me dry dry

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Wednesday, 29/Apr/09, 11.28 AM | Message # 16
Webmaster
You shouldn't be embarrased without you this would not of been possible, i am sure everyone has heard of the voice of reason Stew is undoubtedly it i think in retrospect i will start you know like golf clubs and masonic lodges have a role of honour board for everyone who has helped to get us to where we are today it woudl read something like this.

So in no particular order apart from no 1 and 2 here goes

2008 - Dougie Founder Editor Webmaster biggrin
2008 - Stewjo - For encouragement and unfailing loyalty biggrin
2008 - Ray - For continually answering alsorts of tech questions cool
2008 - Listensqueak - Just for being here religiously surprised
2008 - Taken - for unfailing loyalty wink
2008 - Von For being the first lady of T4 -T5 Club UK <_<
2008 - Stan- For just being "the man" happy
2009 - T4DK - Thomas for denmarlkian encouagement and enthusiasm smile
2009 - Marky for our banners and logos and of course scottishvag for encouragement surprised
2009 - Onefut - for singlehandedly in the space of 24hrs putting us on the map wink
2009 - Danbury Motor Caravans for sponsoring us wink

Without each and everyone of you we would not be here today, we duly thank each equally and trust the worst is over, the trials and tribulations of starting a community behind us are over, we are on the way up, the slope has been steep, a major learning curve, but we are finally at the top of said slope, about to fly up the other side adorn your skies, board or sledges the ride might still be a bumpy one, none the less i am convinced a very worthwhile one all the same cool cool

Date: Wednesday, 29/Apr/09, 7.18 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant general
cool cheers Dougie for the wonderful site you have created for all of us to share, i think we're definitely on the up judging by how many new members that have introduced themselves over the last few day, keep up the good work m8, on wards and upwards biggrin

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Wednesday, 29/Apr/09, 8.20 PM | Message # 18
Major general
biggrin biggrin Totally agree with Ray's comments biggrin biggrin

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Thursday, 30/Apr/09, 3.00 PM | Message # 19
Webmaster
Oh shucks now i'm embarrased taunt :taunt:

Good things come to those who wait as my olde mum used to say!! and it appears so, opening up our borders so to speak seems to of made all the difference, continually changing content, and features people want to read i belive is what is setting us apart from the rest, and is what will eventually take us upwards still further.

I was new to all this when i started and have taken onboard most of what i have been told, and apart from a few odd parts i want to change for the better we are almost there !! [i hear my regs saying thank goodness] the wait i promised you would be worth it and it seems i am right, just keep being embassadors for T4 - T5 Club UK know matter what is said, i have had all sorts thrown at me, all sorts of insults and dirogatory comments but its like water off a ducks back comes with the territory, and is something i just have to bear, for the better good, although i have to say Mrs Whiet Nois eand i have a good laugh about most of it now as teh peopel who critisise have clearly not been here otherwise theiristupid inane comments would be made in the first place so i just keep plugging away getting some bits dead right and some not so, although things are now starting to level out nicely.

I last week [Ray you might know this already being an avid fan of other communities] went to Brick-Yard to ask for advice which is where i found Mr OneFut and his overnight changing advice, now i was almost prepared fore the inane, stupid trouble maker staht every forum has and found a few as expected but i persevered as i personally [don't know about the rest of us] hold Brick-Yard very high in my trankings of communities i woudl be proud to be a part of, it speaks it's mind and to blazes with the consequences, which is fine if that is what you want and from time to time we all do, but i wanted to produce something your kids coudl safely be a part of and you would be proud to show your parents your Transporter being featured on, which with the best will in the world i don't think describes my friends at the Brick-Yard, each to their own however and Mr Baxter and Brickyard have done a grand job i use them regularily which is why i respected their views [and it got us a few T5 owners to boot biggrin ].
I am happy to say we are now sailing out of the harbour all checks completed, now on our own happy to proceed !!!

I have a few features up my sleeves, i am working on which will be realised this coming month which i think will bring in still more members, as long as i am able to keep my core audience happy i am happy as always if you have anything to add feel free to do so...

Date: Friday, 08/May/09, 11.33 AM | Message # 20
Major general
biggrin biggrin Ok, for those who might be interested, as I've said previously we're going to Lake Windermere for the weekend of Sat 12 & Sun 13th Sept. to give moral support to my son whose doing a sponsored 1 mile swim in the lake. The event is called the Great North Swim in aid of various charities. The start & finish is at the Low Wood Hotel Windermere on the shore of the lake. As you know they don't allow wild camping. After a lot of searching I've finally booked the weekend for myself & Joan at the Camping & Caravanning Club site at Windermere. So if anyone wants to join us for the weekend or just the day we'd love to meet up with folks & put names to faces. wink wink

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Friday, 08/May/09, 3.30 PM | Message # 21
Webmaster
Were intending being there, who else add your names below if not it will just be Stew, Joan and my Family none the less it's on our callendar think we might B+ B it or poss the Ambleside Grand again not sure yet but we will be there one way or another

White Noise + 3 [i think]

Date: Friday, 08/May/09, 10.04 PM | Message # 22
Major general
biggrin biggrin Thanks for your support Dougie, It'll be good to meet up at last. Anybody else is obviously welcome, be it at the site or meet at some convenient point during the weekend. biggrin biggrin

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Friday, 08/May/09, 11.08 PM | Message # 23
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
We do expect to be there. The old T4 is ready for it. Chas plus a mate. (wife will not camp since the spiders on honeymoon)

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 09/May/09, 9.44 AM | Message # 24
Major general
wink wink Thanks Chas looking forward to meeting you wink wink

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Saturday, 09/May/09, 4.03 PM | Message # 25
Major
ive never been in here b4 i dont know if i can make it to the swim but i will try is there a on line sponsor form i can put a donation too im a bit thick have to have these things pointed out to me

von x

new to this be nice to me please x

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » Post Your Clubs Meetings, Shows and Gatherings or Cruises (Let us all know when, where and how your club regulary meet)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: