What is the best colour for a T4
Total of answers: 406

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Club Van Stickers - T4
Club Van Stickers - T4
Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 8.45 PM | Message # 26
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Very Nice I like it but I can see two possible copyright Infringments in there though

1, the van itself a grey airea due to it being on the manuals
2, I know the Vw badge is everywhere & Im sure VW wouldnt mind but again could cause some Issues.

Dougie will be along soon........

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 9.27 PM | Message # 27
Major general
Group: Members
How about this in another font.

Attachments: 0788493.png (19.4 Kb)

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Wednesday, 03/Mar/10, 9.27 AM | Message # 28
Generalissimo
I laminated a couple of your original ones at work so they will do in my windscreen till everyone is agreed on the final format. I missed out on the conversation over the last couple of days by forgetting to pack my power lead. D'oh!

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 03/Mar/10, 1.58 PM | Message # 29
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Chas - I'm sure you have now not having a T4 to put anything in mine would look kind of daft on the Atastraphy wouldnt they, but for a laugh i might just sticker its wondows up anyway biggrin cool but worry not i am sure it will be cleared up at Griezdale as Rob says over a beer biggrin

Rallybus - You have a PM possibly better describing why some of your wonderful images cant sadly be used. sort of like your ones above though but they dont encapsulate the T4 -T5 Club theme sadly :'(

Rob - Thankyou for your sensible reply, are you a p/t lawyer..

Also there is something about the VW logo one with just the type, although i dont like the text i have to say but i wonder whether something along this line might work, i doubt very much if VW would have any problem with us using it in this way, however may take unbridge in half of it being hidden, i would need to possibly look further into this if we ever decided to go down this route..

I know a bit about this actually let me bore and educate you shall i [hey he does that all the time :D] anyway VW.s stand on it as i beleive is thus so long as their Logo, images or other such works are not being used for financial gain they are usually fine about it as the way they see it is it is once again puuting their logo out to the world,[well the uk anyway], and how do i know this, "simples" we own www.volkswagen-transporter.co.uk which is now only used to draw Google etc in to find us but was gifted to us by Van Sales Uk who originally sponsored us, who used it originally used it to sell VW Transporters from which upset VW no end to the point they put the full weight off their VW Lawyers upon them to resolve [and beleive me thats heavy] so Ian who owns it when seeing us starting offered it to us as it does have great Google ratings at one time rated only 2 below Volkswagens main UK domains [which it is beleived was the real issue in it] anyway in all the Lawyers goobldy gook was the line as long as this domain was not being used to profit from they would have no issues with it, we dont profit, in actual fact we don't make anything, and have kept the baragain by issuing a precorsory statement on the foot of our front page stating we have no affiliation to VW etc etc fullfilling all statutory requirements, Van Sales UK were not authorised UK VW vanm dealers in te way that VW van centres are, however they were selling new vans which raised all sorts of conflict issues Ian decided probably quite sensibly to withdraw it until he could find a non profit way of using it and that was us.....so you see it is true i am a mine of mostly useless information but jsut occasionally i do know what i'm talking about it seems[well i think so , ok tongue ]

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 03/Mar/10, 3.07 PM | Message # 30
Generalissimo
Always willing to read another pearl of wisdom mate. And if anyone asks.... now we know! Look forward to seeing the Astra stickered up too. One for the photoshoot methinks. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 03/Mar/10, 4.00 PM | Message # 31
Webmaster
Not amused chap at all ... might stamp me little feets andf go in a huff... and not come choosing to go to The Scottish Vanners meet instaed ... so there biggrin biggrin biggrin

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 03/Mar/10, 5.43 PM | Message # 32
Major general
So the van in the above logo can't be used due to copyrite. I don't think we'll have a issue using the VW logo as neally all the VW clubs out there use it in one way or another.

Attachments: 9777547.png (18.0 Kb)

Date: Wednesday, 03/Mar/10, 6.57 PM | Message # 33
Webmaster
Isn't that along the lines of what i am saying.....
Getting better we need to remember of course that whatever is designed for T4's is also equally able to be used for our T5 Club members.

If it transpires that any such logo were to be used i would of course have to check with Volkswagen UK first, to ensure we were not in breach of any issue known or otherwise...you are of course right many worldwide communities, clubs and groups involved in Volkswagens use the badge which is of course instantly recogniseable which would of course help us...

Keep them coming do we have any Satchi & Satchi buddy advertsisng dudes who are used to this kind of thing in our midest??? if so let yourself and your offering be known....

We shall at the end of the month put up a poll of all completed logos. or ideas for the entire assembled community to decide upon....as it is not entirely my desision...

Date: Wednesday, 03/Mar/10, 9.57 PM | Message # 34
Major general
Here's one for both T4 and T5 owners.
Attachments: 9518434.png (31.7 Kb)

Date: Wednesday, 03/Mar/10, 11.08 PM | Message # 35
Generalissimo
Rally Bus I challenge you to create something like

but keep the original VW logo
& add around the top half WWW.T4CLUB.CO.UK

Pointers
1 make the txt large enough & easy enough to read
2 keep the VW blue maybe add a backing say white posssibly
3 colour www.t4club.co.uk black, white, silver or even green

Attachments: 9830282.png (31.7 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 04/Mar/10, 0.20 AM | Message # 36
Major general
With the web address at the top like this?

Attachments: 5678495.png (198.1 Kb)

Date: Thursday, 04/Mar/10, 10.17 AM | Message # 37
Webmaster
Getting there see i knew you had it in you, you are now getting the idea it is neither the VW logo nor anything anyone else has i love it honestly only one small criticim though the lettering for T4CLUB has to be t4club as it would be if you typed it i think other than that.....

Note - Using the Volkswagen-Transporter Url on Volkswagens badge would i am sure be a massive NO NO...

Keep tweeking we could be almost at a satifactory one as this could be used for both no problems, what about doing one for T5club and a few different ones i.e lighter backgrounds all still blue diffferent coloured VW text etc just to see thinner VW but praise indeed that would certainly be recognised from a distance.....remember that the more colour/s in it the dearer it would be to get made up.....but honestly i do beleive you are on the right track now...

Note - A small word of caution to any including Rallybus is that if we T4 - T5 Club UK take on anyones design to use as our club/community logo/s we T4 -T5 Club would have to hold all rights to where and how this logo was used, of course conseeding all praise and credit to its originator at all times but it would when completed remain the property of T4 -T5 Club UK so as to be able to control copyright etc.......

Date: Thursday, 04/Mar/10, 5.12 PM | Message # 38
Major general
Like this Dougie? Don't worry about the copyright of the club. I'm happy to donate any images to a good cause. biggrin
Attachments: 2541490.png (196.9 Kb)

Date: Thursday, 04/Mar/10, 5.27 PM | Message # 39
Major general
Here's one for the T5'ers. We could really do with a edit button.
Attachments: 3827989.png (200.7 Kb)

Date: Thursday, 04/Mar/10, 9.14 PM | Message # 40
Generalissimo
Well done mate..........

I like the 1st one www.T4Club.co.uk the T4 T5 stands out & dont worry about the URL Dougie as it works just tried it. most but im 99.9% certain that I can say all URL's are in lower case & the browser will interperate what you put in unless of course you miss spell the link. Ive yet to find a link that is just as ive see on the back of a wagon i.e www.theCLUB.co.uk

I think were on to a winner here & espessially like the sparkle, very unique.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 04/Mar/10, 11.05 PM | Message # 41
Major general
Yep it doesn't matter how you put the url. It will work even if someone types it like this. wWw.T4ClUb.cO.UK

Date: Friday, 05/Mar/10, 7.49 AM | Message # 42
Generalissimo
Nice one Jim. They look great mate. cool

Don't you have edit on the lower right of your post???

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Friday, 05/Mar/10, 7.50 AM

Date: Friday, 05/Mar/10, 9.08 AM | Message # 43
Generalissimo
Theres no edit on mine...............

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 05/Mar/10, 12.15 PM | Message # 44
Webmaster
Dont go off course here now i will look into it if you havent Pm me [edit button]

Ok so do we put both the red and blue versions to the vote then now or wait and keep pushing this thread to the top and see what responces we get...??

In the meantime Jim follow through as it were and source how we get these made up and at what costs etc

But Dougie Likes a lot......you have our 5 biggest posters all agreeing your doing good my son one thing i would like to see though is on the bottom of the VW part website - community - forum in a small text as it will take not nessesarily to go on te finished article just for curiosity to see what it would be like and it if would be to much...or better still one with that and one with "The UK's Favorite T4 Community"

Date: Friday, 05/Mar/10, 11.52 PM | Message # 45
Major general
Here it is. I tried to post it before, but i've been having a few problems with the net.
Attachments: 3719806.png (200.7 Kb)

Date: Saturday, 06/Mar/10, 1.50 AM | Message # 46
Generalissimo
As for printed options may I suggest 2

1, internal tax disc type easy removable
2, external vinyle these ar normally 5 year wetherproof & easy to fix & remove.

blue or red wacko

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 06/Mar/10, 9.46 PM | Message # 47
Major general
I say go for the blue. The red is more GTI'y

Date: Saturday, 06/Mar/10, 9.52 PM | Message # 48
Generalissimo
I quite like the blue & its also in keeping with the VW badge.

Once weve officailly decided on the final product there is not to far from me a little shop that does T shirts & stuff, if dougie doesnt mind as I dont know if what arrangements he has with current suppliers I could get some prices sorted for club merchandise clothing & work out total prices incl p&p, it will all be at cost price with no profit.
all I have to do is make a PDF file for them to use.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 06/Mar/10, 9.56 PM | Message # 49
Major general
I'll make a blue one for the T5 club in a bit. I test printed a small one last night and it looks good.

Date: Saturday, 06/Mar/10, 10.12 PM | Message # 50
Major general
Attachments: 3228278.png (199.0 Kb)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Club Van Stickers - T4
Search: