Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

If Money Was No Object What Would You Own?
Total of answers: 103

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Club Van Stickers - T4
Club Van Stickers - T4
Date: Thursday, 03/Jun/10, 6.24 PM | Message # 126
Major general
Group: Members
The stuff i posted can be removed easy like tax disc holders. No glue is needed. It just clings to the window.

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Friday, 04/Jun/10, 11.41 AM | Message # 127
Webmaster
Group: Admin
I think the stuff jim has noted would probably be best however having never used either i am only hazarding a guess at it

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 08/Jun/10, 6.22 PM | Message # 128
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Ok guys I shall explain the reason for my choice, I know what your all thinking wretched sticky sticker that once it has the slightest sniff of a surface it sticks fast & is unable to peel off & when you do get it off it leaves a horrible sticky resedue that takes years to remove if your one of the lucky ones. I know the suff & have experianced it many times with those wretched car sales stickers & stickers left on by previouse owners.

Vinyl is not that stuff or anything like it it is purposely designed to have a very low yeild but be strong & last, easy to remove without leaving any trace & can be removed & re-applyed whilst fixing to the surface to get the best positioning for the desired look.

I now have 5 sheets here & printed 1 sheet off with the highest settings possible & I must say they look absolultly awsome, Ive even trimmed a corner off to check the stykyness of theese sheets & as expected they are not that horrible stiky stuff thay are as expected just like the web decal already on my van. All I have to to now is get some acrylic spray & then trim a couple out & stick em to van, Ill get some pics when done & then were goods to go & we can sort out getting these out to you guys.

If however You dont like these (of which Im certain you will) then I will eat my words & use the stuff jim has suggested.

Attachments: 6821901.jpg (92.2 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Wednesday, 09/Jun/10, 12.46 PM | Message # 129
Webmaster
My god Rob they look the dogs danglies my man indeed ....... Put me down for a few biggrin cool maybe a sheet so i have a few spare biggrin

[before you do anything more - keep an eye on what your spending dont want you out of pocket though]

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 09/Jun/10, 3.17 PM | Message # 130
Major general
I think you should at least pay for postage Dougie. biggrin

Date: Wednesday, 09/Jun/10, 6.22 PM | Message # 131
Webmaster
Just to clarify to all who as Jim may think i am seeking them FREE i'm NOT

What i'm concerned with is that these are produced by Rob and then NOT charged for Ink, plastic sheets etc dont come free a valiant effort to be commended however he will still need to workout a cost to ensure he covers what they have cost him and one he is happy with...hence i commented to ensure that Rob doesn't leave himself out of pocket......Rob knows what was meant worry not .......

These are the same as any we may or may not manage to get produced at a later date when we have enough wishing them to justify getting a pro company involved that is off course unless Rob want to carry on infineto....

Date: Wednesday, 09/Jun/10, 8.37 PM | Message # 132
Generalissimo
Ill get round to a cost soon it wont be much though even a quick calculation means they only cost a few pennys each. biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 10/Jun/10, 6.41 PM | Message # 133
Webmaster
Ink is not cheap Rob and i'm sure the film, spray and postage wont be either look at the longer term if you are intending doing this infenito

Date: Thursday, 10/Jun/10, 6.49 PM | Message # 134
Generalissimo
Yep Ive been giving this some thought today & will get a price up soon.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 12/Jun/10, 4.56 PM | Message # 135
Major general
I think you should sell them for about £1 each. Half the money could go towards the site/club to pay for the upkeep and maybe upgrade the forum to something more 2010. And the other half should go to rob to pay for printing, etc.

I think just Kampers sell theirs for well over £3.

Donations welcome to the designer. lol

Date: Saturday, 12/Jun/10, 5.05 PM | Message # 136
Webmaster
No donations are required for the upkeep seeing as how in common with MOST communities of this nature there are NO upkeep forsakinga few domain names which are my property thus i shall pay for their upkeep all other services are offered and accepted as gifts simple as.....most would have you believe they cost to run but they dont ........ certain communities owners are simply raking in money for advertising and such that often goes straight in their pockets .......

All that is required is to make sure Rob covers what they cost as simple as that..... and in anycase its for Rob to decide Jim ...... Not us ..... cool

As for bringing us up to a

Quote (RallyBus)
Half the money could go towards the site/club to pay for the upkeep and maybe upgrade the forum to something more 2010
is that going to incluse a webdesigner and admin that can work a 2010 designed model apart from the mere fact it has been looked into and would cost several thousand to have our own purpose designed community so untill we have 20k members i am afraid we say as is as i say again i am not a proffesional and do what i can to keep it going this set up suits me as i understand most of it now so without paying a pro to manage it its a total non starter.......besides i can see little wrong with it as is..... happy happy happy

Date: Monday, 14/Jun/10, 4.35 PM | Message # 137
Generalissimo
Jim your advice please I went to hobby craft but couldnt find clear acrylic spray laquer but the staff did find a varnish clear of which I have purchased & just given it a go, they are hanging in the landing drying though already touch dry. The thing is they kinda feel rough to touch not sure if this is normall or weather its the spray ive got not beeing exactly the correct type.
it says on tin Varnish for Acrylic paint & hobby spray suitable for plastic kits, polycarbonate, wood and metal for both indoor & outdoor use
I might just try one with & one without what do you think.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 14/Jun/10, 6.45 PM | Message # 138
Generalissimo
ok got another set run off now, hit a bit of a problem I have a front load printer & these sheets need some coaxing to get the printer to take em, so im gona just print this set cut em out & leave em, stick one on the van & see how it copes with the weather.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 14/Jun/10, 7.29 PM | Message # 139
Webmaster
Ok doky i still say laminate it then it willlast in most sun conditions ??? surprised

Date: Monday, 14/Jun/10, 7.31 PM | Message # 140
Generalissimo
Quote (Admin)
i still say laminate it

That may work with those magnetic paper you were on about but unfortunatly not for a vinyl sticker unless we em glue em on biggrin

Ill put it on for a week see what happens & then offer them out to the gan providing I can coax my printer into taking the sheets hows that, other option is if anyone has a quality printer with top loading paper slots.

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Monday, 14/Jun/10, 7.33 PM

Date: Monday, 14/Jun/10, 7.45 PM | Message # 141
Webmaster
Yeah but if you laminate it and simply tuck the laminate in behind the window rubber it will pretty much stay anywhere you wish it to buddy my Blue badge is 5x times the size of our logo and naturally 5 x the weight and it happily resides all the time tucked into the middle of my drivers door pillar surprised happy

Date: Monday, 14/Jun/10, 8.44 PM | Message # 142
Major general
I say don't laminate as it'll end up warping the vinyl your printing on.

Date: Tuesday, 15/Jun/10, 3.55 PM | Message # 143
Webmaster
Possibly it would i don't know for sure i have laminated several things from photos to paper and things the kids have done cloth and all sorts none of which have been affected you can cold laminate if require if item is delicate....

I personly as this is a trial think it would be worth it just to see as clearly the spray isn't working......

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Club Van Stickers - T4
Search: