Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

If Money Was No Object What Would You Own?
Total of answers: 103

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Club Van Stickers - T4
Club Van Stickers - T4
Date: Thursday, 18/Mar/10, 1.35 PM | Message # 76
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Ok cheers i do think for now Vistaprint is probably the best option where each member can get there own down for around £3-£4 i do beleive which saves anyone holding stocks of them, in my experience no printers will print under 50 off ata time which is a lot to put out x 2 when there are no funds available to do so, its a swings and roundabouts senario we need the members to sell them to but we also need the stickers to attract new members chicken egg -egg chicken sort off as i say for now unless a company can be found who would do 1 offs for now on a whole range of products in the way that VistaPrint will i see no immediate alternative...

If anyone wishes to take a look at and set up a Cafepress page for us, with this logo on mugs T-Shirts Hoodies etc then i would happily work with them to set that up, which would essentially allow us our very own mechandising suite i simply and honestly do not understand it, so am unable to set it up correctly i did try with our last logos to no avail...

So if any member is able has the knowledge to set up one of these online mechandising set ups do let me know please...

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 03/Apr/10, 4.08 AM | Message # 77
Webmaster
Club stickers update

The stickers i think could cause us copyright issues, i asked Spreadshirt for an account uploaded them had them on a T-shirt a mug and as a sticker but they wouldn't accept them confirming it as below ??? so not quite sure what direction to now take as if this is the attitude of such companies basically the only way we will get them done would eb by a backstreet outfit and they will want to do 1000's at a time which leaves us back at square one.....anyone got any suggestions !!!

I still think value for money wise VIsta-print has all the answers guys !!

Has anyone got one of these made up as yet and if so where??? how much etc etc ...

o-o-o-o-o

Hey there Douglas ,

Our Design Team has checked the designs you have uploaded. Unfortunately, we cannot admit some of them for use in your account.

More info on the rejection reasons:

Copyright:
We're concerned that there is a possibility your designs are copyright protected by a third party. We have temprarily deactivated the above designs, and all products created with these designs, from your shop.
When you uploaded your designs, you confirmed that you hold usage rights for this design.

In order to uphold our legal obligations as a platform provider, we require written confirmation of this right. This is also to your advantage as fines for copyright violations are unlimited, with a minimum level of 1000 EUROS.

Please fax us a written confirmation within the next 14 days to 0049 - (0)341 - 594 00 5479 or contact our service team by writing an e-mail to legal@spreadshirt.net . In general right holders sometimes allow free usage of a design for non-commercial purposes.
As a rule of thumb, when in doubt about usage rights, contact the rights holder and ask. Then ask again to double-check.

For queries concerning german copyrighted designs, texts or names, you can research in the database of the Service of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office or the Office of Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM). It also indicates in which fields a trademark is valid and for which range of products the image is copyrighted.

Service of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office: http://publikationen.dpma.de/set_lng.do?loc=en

OHIM: http://oami.europa.eu/CTMOnline/RequestManager/en_SearchBasic_NoReg

In case of doubt you can also send a personal inquiry via email to the OHIM.

We thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions please reply to this email.

Kind Regards,
Your Spreadshirt Designs Team

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 03/Apr/10, 6.07 PM | Message # 78
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Ok Dougie I think a nice n polite letter to Vw Europe & Uk may be required to athenticate these stickers & as head honcho it can only be done by you mate, thisl give you something to do on your week of freedom.

Im sure vw wouldnt say no otherwise they would have to take on every club in europe

Dont forget I have a T shirt printing shop 15 mins from me if needed

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Saturday, 03/Apr/10, 7.33 PM | Message # 79
Webmaster
Ok dude wilco understood and out...

Date: Saturday, 10/Apr/10, 10.11 PM | Message # 80
Generalissimo
Right Im doing some research into the issue of the vw badge & so far I have some info from the US

http://vwtrademarks.com/vw.aspx?file=vwpolicy.htm

& the home page http://vwtrademarks.com/vw.aspx?file=vwlicense.htm

There may be a way of getting a license to use the logo according to this so if we can find something simmillar for europe or the uk we be getting somewhere

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 11/Apr/10, 12.35 PM | Message # 81
Webmaster
Ok good man never thought of tracing its trademarks and how etc they should, could and would allow them to be used..... i

I honestly think that its a lot of trouble over nothing but hey ho if we have to we have to if for no other reason to keep on the right side of the law, on of the bif contnetions is ANY similar one marque owners or enthusiasts club anywhere in the word be it for bikes, baby buggies or vehciles would find it pretty god damn hard to come up with something someone online has not already done and thus be different i think our current logos are absolutely ideal i wonder if the closeness to the VW badge in essence is not really a closeness at all and one which has only been spawned by a very very careful company i.e Spreadshirt who if they allowed us to print of designs of this nature would be worried they might get a law suet from VW themselves i am happy to go with it use it if VW want me they know where i am, i mean lets be honest here guys we are no threat to VW we make no finance from out venture we are a small VW owners club what can they possibly see wrong with using an adapted VW badge i reckon we will never hear from them ever ever ever, i mean if thye are unable to supply history, build images and such like on the T4 as requested copies of old brochures and such like what hope is there !!!!!

Date: Sunday, 11/Apr/10, 7.06 PM | Message # 82
Generalissimo
That I think is the key "PROFIT" if we were a company using their logo to service their vehicles then the argument would be trading under the badge & using a false pretence to lure customers into thinking they are dealing with genuine Vw that is waht I have found so far.
But as a club i.e non profit group then I dont think we will be causing any Issues.

There is a case in the us where a garage used the badge & advertised servising & was told to cease using the brand name as he was making profit from it & luring customers under a false pretence, but remember the us is more harsh on these issues than Europe & Uk.

At vagfest today there were all sorts of Vw badges to buy & in use by clubs

I dont think there will be a problem it was just the choice of printer as mentioned I have a local place that can do all sorts just say the word & Ill go down there.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 12/Apr/10, 7.02 PM | Message # 83
Webmaster
Rob go down and ask what he thinks re above would you and report back your finding chap cheers

Date: Monday, 12/Apr/10, 7.57 PM | Message # 84
Generalissimo
Not A problem Ill get Ive got 2 days off so Ill get new ink cartridge & print em off & see what they say.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 13/Apr/10, 5.02 PM | Message # 85
Generalissimo
Right I poped into Logo This today http://www.logo-this.co.uk/home.html & they can print or logo onto T-shirts but there is one problem & that is those lovely sparkly bit we all love they cant do those. If our design were changed then they could do T-shirts, Mugs, Key rings jackets etc but I think we will still need to find someone to make stickers but that will be no problem as Ebay can supply those Ill find someone later this evening for that.

Prices
one off logo set up £25
T-shirts £8.75 +Vat then add p+p to send to any member wishing one - no minimum run for these so can do em as required even just 1
Keyrings minimum 25 @ .35p each
Mugs minimum 36 @ £108 + vat

Now they can also do a transfer print T-shirt which basically those iron on prints & will only last a short while after wash's & will start to look orible this is £15 for a trial one.

But looking at there chart & feeling the material the Flex is way much more superior to the print & will last longer.

She did offer an alternative to get thes sparkly bits done & that would be to go to a screen printer & have a screen made up for each logo & then normally ther is a minimum run for these & we need to hope the printer keeps the screens for further prints, she did give me number of a good printer for this but I thought it best to report back first for your opinions.

So do we keep the sparkly bits & keep looking or loose em ?

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 13/Apr/10, 7.15 PM | Message # 86
Webmaster
Surely the sparkly bits could just be white ???? if not solid might work any opinions guys ???

Ps..... Thanks Rob for now good prices generaly as well that being the case Chas [hellllloooooo] is Azz any good on da net ??? as in with Vistaprint, Spreadshirt or a similar company where all could be set up as is to supply one at a time to each wishing as they wish ie our own virtual shop its simply i dont understand how they work each supply a mechandising suite that can be intregrated into our site as a part of it which if required could be a % cheaper as we are not looking for profit as most would in this situation...

Date: Tuesday, 13/Apr/10, 7.20 PM | Message # 87
Generalissimo
I have toyed with the idea of say the first 25 incorperating the logo set up cost but that would mean changing the prices at a later date so for the sake of the hassle I dont mind pesonally swallowing that cost just to get us going with the T4 t-shirts & then if we get enough interest for the t5 ones then maybee someone else may like to to the same.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 14/Apr/10, 0.59 AM | Message # 88
Major general
Group: Members
I can have ago at removing the white sparkly bits if you want. Sorry i've not been round much. I'm currently suffering with a severe throat infection and the medication I've got keeps knocking me out. cool

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Wednesday, 14/Apr/10, 7.28 AM | Message # 89
Generalissimo
Sorry to hear that Jim. The throat infection must be painful but the medication sounds like it's doing the trick. Hope you have a speedy recovery mate.

Rob, I'd be happy to share the costs of the set up to get it off the ground and if there's anything else you want me to do just shout.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 14/Apr/10, 8.24 AM | Message # 90
Generalissimo
Hope you get well soon jim..

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 14/Apr/10, 10.22 AM | Message # 91
Webmaster
Like wise Jim had noticed a lack of your presence

Look Rob & Chas i dont want ANYONE forking out for Tshirts etc pre them being ordered hence i had intended letting on of the companies that are proffesionals at it take all this from us even it it did cost a slight bit more.......who knows how long it would be till 25 were sold at this rate quite a while i would say.......i hear what your saying and appriciate the thought but i simply CANNOT allow you to do it guys there has simply got to be another way......my buddy is away abroad on business and unobtainable right now otherwise i would ask but does anyone have any web type people who could help us out with the set up of one of the already set up mechandising suites that i tried before as they truly are the way forward here with one set up to make Tshirts, sweat shirts, mugs and keyrings etc they will even do our stickers and calling cards all in one go one at a time for each seperate customer it simply has to be the way forward here ........ not only will it save you wonderful guys forking out it will mean we have our very own mechandising suite which we can add items like umberellas, bags, womens tshirts,kids teddybears the lot to as and when..

Doing it all ourselves will be a headache for whomever is involved as things need to be paid for first sent out then sent out to the member etc etc it really is a nightmare of major preportions again whilst i thank all offers here it simply is not feasible....we have to find another way i dont use my posistion often but i have to pull rank here and say firmly NO and vetto this one sorry whats next are you going to pay my lekky bill to cover the 8 hrs a day my computer is on ??? come on guys this was supposed to be a NON Profit non cost [for everyone] community and so it will remain whilst im in charge....

Date: Wednesday, 14/Apr/10, 2.01 PM | Message # 92
Generalissimo
You got it mate. Just trying to jump the gun as usual. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 14/Apr/10, 2.58 PM | Message # 93
Generalissimo
Fair Dinkum wink

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 29/Apr/10, 6.36 PM | Message # 94
Major general
On Tuesday I came across some magnetic paper in aldi for around £4. I'm going to do a test run tomorrow and see how many badges I can fit on a piece of a4. Anyone interested in a magnet badge? lol

Date: Thursday, 29/Apr/10, 7.26 PM | Message # 95
Generalissimo
Even magnets can stick to windows with double sided stuff jim so make that a yes! Are you better now? smile

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 30/Apr/10, 0.12 AM | Message # 96
Generalissimo
Why Not.........

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 30/Apr/10, 0.13 AM | Message # 97
Generalissimo
Fancy Joining us @ Malvern Jim ?

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 30/Apr/10, 11.19 AM | Message # 98
Webmaster
Sounds good Jim

I used to print onto magnetic paper quite often Jim to make signes for doors on my vans when i worked for a living [god that mag paper must be old biggrin ] any way the point of telling you all this was if it is good enough for couriers and such like bombing up an ddown the country [most is rated at about 70mph] before it would come flying off.....and thats a whole sheet so a small circle off it i am sure would be fine..

Worth a try anyway .....

If it dont work printing directly onto it i did it at one point via a slightly large that required sized bit and a laminated piece stuck onto which worked a traet also gave it far more depth...

Keep up the good work Jim me lad hope like the rest your feeling better now, having had a rather rough winter over all i know how you feel but look on the bright side summers nearly here and Malvern is coming soon and im going to be there...

Date: Sunday, 02/May/10, 4.01 PM | Message # 99
Major general
I've done two test prints, but for some reason they don't look as good on paper as they do on the screen. I've tried messing with the printer settings, but still has the same result.

Date: Sunday, 02/May/10, 7.20 PM | Message # 100
Generalissimo
Good try jim........

Rob. [Secretary]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Club Van Stickers - T4
Search: