Would You Stop For Another T4 Onwer
Total of answers: 257

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Club Van Stickers - T4
Club Van Stickers - T4
Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 1.36 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Members
As we don't have any van stickers yet. I've done some searching online and found that you can get the same film that is used on tax disc's quite cheap on eBay. Just wish I had a printer lol. Anyway I've spent a good few hours tidying up the main T4 logo and I've made these colour sample images. It can be any colour just not white.

Attachments: 0595170.png (60.8 Kb) · 6940120.png (67.1 Kb)

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 1.41 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Here's two more.
Attachments: 0070585.png (59.1 Kb) · 6673141.png (60.9 Kb)

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 7.46 AM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
They look good mate and would give us some identity out on the road. I'll have a go at making a couple up tonight. cool

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 11.17 AM | Message # 4
Major general
I sent a question to someone on eBay about the film last night. I'll post a update and link when I get a reply.

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 11.26 AM | Message # 5
Major general
Update. Here's the film. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....EWAX:IT I'm going to buy a printer today and do a test run. Would you go with the above size or smaller?

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 11.42 AM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Nicely done but dont forget some of us have tinted windows which would mean a external vynal sticker would be required & yes it would be white for me only cos it looks good on the black background.

Nice one rallybus.......

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 1.22 PM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Group: Admin
See i knew if i waited long enough someone would help, lol

Its a field i know little or nothing about i am afraid [some say i know nothing about nothing]

If any of you absolutely brilliant guys gets it worked out i would be obliged, i personally think white is the colour to go or another base colour as white goes with everything, don't quite understand why white will not work...

If you look in the shopping mall guys you will find our Club T Shirts [of which i have mine] which uses this very same design so it would of course be nice to keep all images the same for an all round identity.

Not wishing to pee on your parade guys the only worry was if it was to be put later onto mugs, hats etc etc would it work there as don't want different ones, we had this discussion long time ago see ago see website issues i think its in one of the admin forums anywhere where we had a simple T4 Club one which might fair better .....

Whichever way it goes it HAS TO BE one colour only and that colour as Rob says has to work with any window colours i'm afraid, i totally admire your enthusiasm however it has to be done right first time and in line with the one above which was designed Free for us as a favour, although having now gotten one of the Peter Russek manuals it does look very similar to the image on the front of it...

Not sure yet if the T5 club is continuing but if it does we need one for them that is the same as image above also i'm afraid, however keep up the good work it is appriciated takes a bit of the strain off of me tongue

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 1.33 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Moved from Facebook thread so as to keep threads on topic cool

E

Quote (RallyBus)
something a tad off topic. How about getting some car stickers made. There is a few ebayer's that do web address signs for less than £10. Could get a few of them.

Ebay £2.00 for a basic www.t4club.co.uk

Got one on the back of my van - order one 50mm Tall it really stands out.

Dougie will get some propa ones sorted sonn unless he wants someone else to organise them or if he dont mind you could always copy the pic from the top of the forum & find someone to print a few off, ive even cosidered that myself.

Soz Rob lost that link could you repost it cheers

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 1.52 PM | Message # 9
Webmaster
Link to www stickers

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 1.56 PM | Message # 10
Webmaster
Original Logo/banner thread

Second page at the foot were some examples using clear vynl

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 2.05 PM | Message # 11
Webmaster
It might be worth mentioning that our header is going to be changed at some point in favour of a Flash banner being worked on right now by our Friendly Community Photographer Azz [those who have not ye met him will do so at Griesdale with Chas], Azz after our fist Lakes meet back in September was asked to come up with a banner of a T4 driving in, half way across the page turning into a T5 and riving out which he has done, it only now requires some tweeking which is about to be done..

This being the case wouldn't it be best to have a logo as this will not then be our header ???

The few examples with in the original banner/logo thread [link above] were designed via Vista Print as was the calling cards i still use today all from stock designs, they are cheap, easy to get a hold of and saves me stocking such items for our members where they can easily but them personally online themselves....that was the way it was left at that point..

However that is not to say one of our members couldn't take charge of what after all is quite an important area in order to get our nam eout at shows etc, we need a single identity that much is sure the rest im unsure about...

Heres a few other examples for you...

Attachments: 6654734.png (3.0 Kb) · 0868754.png (2.9 Kb)

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 2.08 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Or maybe these simple and straightforward and cheap to have done

Attachments: 4986834.png (3.1 Kb) · 3008233.png (3.3 Kb)

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 2.11 PM | Message # 13
Webmaster
Feel free along the lines of what is above to have a go anyone able to use photoshop and such like should find all this a breeze unlike me who is absolutely useless at all such things sadly wacko

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 2.15 PM | Message # 14
Major general
Hi Folks. The reason I said that I wouldn't be able to do white is that ink jet printers do not print the colour white.

Could do a light grey, but would probably look a bit crap.

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 2.16 PM | Message # 15
Webmaster
One last idea that was done at some point for us i can't even remember by whom now was thsi which i quite liked actually

There is a lot to think about as this image essentially will be what goes out on everything connected with this community, i personally think that this one in its simple line form would show up on any window, or any body colour

Your thoughts pls and of course info on printing etc

Attachments: 0142078.jpg (40.6 Kb)

Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 2.17 PM | Message # 16
Major general
Have to remember that there is also a Volvo T4 and T5.

Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 1.33 AM | Message # 17
Generalissimo
Here is the link to the ebay item i bought once there click on seller other items

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....EWNX:IT

I chose a simple white WWW.T4CLUB.CO.UK 50MM TALL

as for the logo sticker a silver is a neutral colour or we could go outlandish orange or green.

If we all throw in some colours then Dougie can arrange a poll that way its open to all to choose.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 1.56 AM | Message # 18
Major general
Either way I'm going to make one of these. Will probably be in a dark navy blue to go with the colour of my van.

Attachments: 7883744.png (62.7 Kb)

Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 1.21 PM | Message # 19
Webmaster
Feel free Rallybus but i repeat IT WILL BE DORMANT shortly as this image WILL not be getting used....

We need unity if we are to proceeed, at the end of the day if we all have different Badges, different logos, and different coloured signs that is only goint to confuse, to distract and cause us more grief, i rea;y to need to use my authority here [a matter i don't usually excerice, it just isn't me] but i must ask for the sake of the entire community that we all calm down, be reasonable and think long term as top what effect this could have..i graceously accept ALL offers of assistance but when it is for something as crutial as our logo after all,m which is what described, and shows what we are i have to be a part of it, i also have to procide over proceedings, to enable it to be done sensibly...

We need ONLY one logo, that one logo WILL encapsulte the ethos of both communities and WILL be decided democratically by ALL assembled members at the time, by a democratic proccess i.e a POLL which when i am finished my other chores today i will put up...

Rob is right this is the way forward, [therefore i would whilst not being able to rule on what you do in your own homes, or with your own vans]
i ask that all work on such items stop however until a firm logo can be agreed on, that way we have the unified look we need, and want...

I further reiterate that the image Rallybus you are trying to use is NOT going to be used shortly so will not be relevant and on top of which is a a bit dubious as in its origins of which i am as yet usure which is another reason why it will not now be used, it was only ever placed at the top of our website as a filler until our Flash banners could be prepared...

In answer to the fact there is both a T4 and T5 Volvo you are dead right there is but there are also other T4 clubs around the world, which doesn't give them or us the right to use the letters or the numbers we are all able to the silver and white T4 and T5 above with in coresponding white and silver www.t4 or www.t5 etc is probably the way forward to suit all colours and all windows....

I duly thank all but ask for your co-operation on this matter, it is important we get this right first time guys i am sure you understand.....

Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 1.34 PM | Message # 20
Generalissimo
[quote=Admin]We need ONLY one logo, that one logo[/quote]

WWW.T4CLUB.CO.UK No Logo cool on the back of a T4 & you know what it means happy

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 2.01 PM | Message # 21
Webmaster
I tend to agree Rob fully it tends to get people looking at the website as well.

But we do need a logo for several things also however for T shirts, Hoodies, mugs falgs all sorts, so we must have one...

Personally my own van is getting a custom painted bonnet to advertsie us and on my windbreaks on my front wondows and my rear window will indeed have the www but smaller than yours to fit in...

An absolute truth here on the sole power of a simple www address on a moving vehicle and nothing more our Volvo had at the top of the windscreen my missuses www address [she makes Scottish Kilts] it was also on the rear bumper simply www.kiltz.co.uk that was all it said the very week we put them on there was a 200% larger amount of hits on her website and that translated into a good few more orders than any other time pre having them, small unobtrusive and they work.......without a doubt hence i will be retaining them on my new bus,,, i would hint that this would be the best way to show your alligance in the meantime they are both cheap and easy to attach look good on tinted windows etc and will attract attention no matter where you go, which after all is the idea, remember that as a vehicle passes you, or indeed you pass it you have only a split second in which to read anything hence the straigh www.t4club.co.uk or www.t5club.co.uk is the best until we get better known and at that time a logo would be better to recognis eour members via t-shirts etc...

A skeleton image like the one abobe in silver and white will do the bis on probs look how well know the skeleton NUREMBURG RING LOGO IS NOW ....

I really do beleive we need a member willing to take responsibility for mechandising of our brand if you like, if anyone wishes to take up this mantle drop me a line, we are starting to swifty gain ground now and this position would be a very rewarding one by all accounts, somoene with a knowledge of marketing, design, photoshop or image manipulation etc would be ideal but not essential, if interetsed PM me today....

Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 3.14 PM | Message # 22
Generalissimo
well I dont have any marketing experiance but sounds like a challenge & got loads of unuesed cd roms.

RALLYBUS is you interested as youve clearly shown enthusiasm?

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 6.43 PM | Message # 23
Webmaster
The actual ideal way of doing in www.t4club.co.uk on the rear of a T4 ???? need we say more ??
If it was any different would be opting for it as the outlined silver and white T4 and T5 with either www.t4club.co.uk or www.t5club.co.uk through it's middle there would no worry or mistake what it was about then would it.....

Attachments: 8264607.jpg (130.1 Kb)

Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 7.58 PM | Message # 24
Major general
I can have ago at designing a few others. I'll post something in a few hours.

Date: Tuesday, 02/Mar/10, 8.27 PM | Message # 25
Major general
Attachments: 2541922.png (37.9 Kb)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Club Van Stickers - T4
Search: