Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Do You Wave At Other T4 - T5 Owners
Total of answers: 358

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » British Volkswagen Festival 2nd-4th July (Events)
British Volkswagen Festival 2nd-4th July
Date: Thursday, 24/Jun/10, 5.37 PM | Message # 151
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Yep my thoughts exactly its a training run for us to see what wee need & what we have & what were over doing.
so lets just concentrated on having a good time, only organising ive got left now is flyers & badges for both display & vans & our peronal list of bits to finalize.

From pics of these event ive seen the general theme seams to be clubs lined up alonside eachother with lanes inbetween each run of clubs.

Chas any sign of any tickets yet ?

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Thursday, 24/Jun/10, 7.39 PM | Message # 152
Generalissimo
No mate....

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 25/Jun/10, 8.57 AM | Message # 153
Generalissimo
Tickets

Check your inbox's & print them of

Received mine this morning

There is also a link to activate your tickets but it doesnt seam to be working at the moment so keep checking & let me know if you sucseffuly activate your ticket

Dont Forget to Bring Them With You

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 25/Jun/10, 12.52 PM | Message # 154
Generalissimo
Cheers for that Rob. I have them. I have forwarded them to work so I can print them off as I am too tight to buy printer ink. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 25/Jun/10, 7.18 PM | Message # 155
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Damn Brummies biggrin cool biggrin [i use my local libraries for all i use one now biggrin ]

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 25/Jun/10, 8.26 PM | Message # 156
Generalissimo
Who you callin' a Brummie then Cornish...... biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 25/Jun/10, 11.23 PM | Message # 157
Generalissimo
Dont forget to Activate Them or You Will Be Refused Entry

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 26/Jun/10, 9.50 AM | Message # 158
Webmaster
Cornish what am i a wafer nowadays ........ your from Brum arent you ..

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 27/Jun/10, 5.34 PM | Message # 159
Generalissimo
BVF Countdown 5 Days to go

General Camping is Available for those of you wishing to make last minute Plans to attend £30 pp for the weekend £10 pp for a a day visit

We'd Love to see you there

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 28/Jun/10, 8.54 PM | Message # 160
Generalissimo
Cases of Stella, Bud and Becks duly got mate. You just have to keep them cool now. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 28/Jun/10, 11.43 PM | Message # 161
Generalissimo
Nice so is it even worth me taking a trip to the offy then biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 30/Jun/10, 10.49 PM | Message # 162
Generalissimo
That depends on how much you quaff mate. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 01/Jul/10, 4.22 PM | Message # 163
Generalissimo
plenty i been given cart blandh to let myself go b4 some serious weight training months ahead. biggrin

Party On

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Thursday, 01/Jul/10, 4.23 PM

Date: Thursday, 01/Jul/10, 6.47 PM | Message # 164
Generalissimo
Ok then. Good job there are no fires allowed hehehe...
Never saw anything prohibiting glass in the T's and C's mate. Have you any info on this or do you reckon we are ok for bottles?
May get there a little earlier than planned now too.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 01/Jul/10, 11.11 PM | Message # 165
Generalissimo
I can send them to you via email bbqs allowed if there off the ground im bringing one for our kebabs so if you wanna share after weve finished then plese do as its good for 1& ahalf hours

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 01/Jul/10, 11.23 PM | Message # 166
Generalissimo
Well gang its upon us now, our very first outing to a show/festival here @ club hq its all go for last minute preperations for our big weekend & eveyone is invited to visit for the day or weekend.

were hoping to make a big impression with our small yet humble freindly display & of course we will provide you all with a complete update & pictures of our weekend.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 05/Jul/10, 8.10 AM | Message # 167
Generalissimo

Mine Glenn and Rob's T4/5's lined up for the Rundfhart.

We are all back now with possibly the exception of Glenn and Alice who were off to make a really long weekend of it and Dougie and family who stayed another night in Tewkesbury. Almost recovered from the excesses of alcohol and a bit much sun.

Our pitch was not huge but we managed to fill it out and put on a good display topped off with our club logo on the flag. (Cheers to Jim for the design Rob for the printing and Dougie who got it put on the flag. )

Glynn and his family looked in on us on Sunday so we finally met. Hope to see you at forthcoming events mate.

It was great meeting Glenn, Alice and Ruby the Staff, all of us had a great time chatting late into the night. Rob and Mand were a little late arriving with the big tent so we made haste and managed to find room for ours first.

Dougie Yvonne and Isla arrived early Saturday to spend the day with us and if Yvonne puts the video of me on here I'll get my own back!!!! biggrin

All in all a great weekend had by everybody. Cheers to all who showed up and made it happen.

Attachments: 5616679.jpg (100.7 Kb) · 2739949.jpg (89.2 Kb)

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Monday, 05/Jul/10, 8.55 AM

Date: Monday, 05/Jul/10, 11.19 AM | Message # 168
Webmaster
Indeed ditto

A great time was undoubtedly had by all, can't wait to do it all again SOON, due praise and appriciation have to be levelled on both Chas and Rob for arranging this yet another great event [and off course BVF for putting it on in the first place] oh i and the weather man for giving us truly magnificent weather throughout the entire weekend where even pale, pasty white me GOT A SUNTAN...Even my grumpy 15 yr old daughter enjoyed it, no less RESULT concluding that maybe i am not mad, sad and insane for having such a hobby as a VAN...

We all in all managed as Chas says put on a great show all be it small but we were i beleive noticed which was the point of it all, and confirming the Admins beleif that showing with-in a show is undoubtedly the way forward for smaller clubs such as ours, be sure we will be popping up at as many as we can in the future if everyone is anywhere near as succesfull as BVF i am sure anyone attending will be more than happy with their weekend away...

My only critisism which was a personal one was it was quite simply TO BIG which resulted in an issue for myself in having to walk so far, [later finding out i could off hired a quad type buggy beleive me i would off done had i off known £70 a day but well worth it] the net result was that i never got so go around quite as much off it as i would of liked to but not to worry i saw enough... cool

There were a great amount off both T4's and T5's in attendance proving what a great following they now have which as time progresses can only highten, numbers were at least equal if not possibly greater than the T2's no less surprised

The services of the wonderful Cookie was instigated to custom make our very first flag which will be flying at all events we now cover in the future with a T5 one coming as soonas is humanely possible happy happy along with the obligatory English & Scottish flags off course biggrin biggrin not only did he custom spray the flag but he did 2 x t - shirts for both Chas and myself which are truly magnificent, original designs just for us [look out for a special offer i managed to secure for all our members in the soon to be re-opened Shopping Mall]

Date: Monday, 05/Jul/10, 11.22 AM | Message # 169
Webmaster
Soon of our images from BVF 2010

The Line-up

The Pitch
Attachments: 3532778.jpg (34.2 Kb) · 7888911.jpg (35.9 Kb)

Date: Monday, 05/Jul/10, 11.34 AM | Message # 170
Webmaster
Just For Chas the "Sun Canopy" escapade

Ps dependant upon how much he pays us will depend upon whether the full video is aired cool tongue happy happy
Attachments: 5893578.jpg (30.8 Kb)

Date: Monday, 05/Jul/10, 11.45 AM | Message # 171
Webmaster
And last but far from least a really smart T5 we saw

Attachments: 9787680.jpg (31.3 Kb)

Date: Thursday, 08/Jul/10, 9.18 PM | Message # 172
Generalissimo
BVF
A Fantasic Weekend

The Malvern Hills

Well gang we all enjoyed ourselves at our first show outing & I think we made a big impact on the T4- T5 scene & certainly got noticed judging by the visitors online sunday evening. Id say that it looks likley that BVF 2011 will be penned in perminantly on the calender along with a few more to be discussed at our Greizdale meet.

Friday evening I was the last to arrive thanks to the M25 Traffic delaying me by 2 hours, Chas, Arron, Glen & Alice had already arrived & set up camp luckily we had plenty of space thanks to the orginisers of BVF the only downsite was the trash lorry parked close to us waking me up @ 7am still drunk biggrin on saterday morning.

After organising flag poles on friday & getting loaded we set about on saturday veiwing the trade stands & club shows along with Dougie, Yvonne & Isla "great to finally meet the rest of the clan Dougie" who stayed for the day.

5pm saturday we set of on the Runfarht something you really must experience "out of this world for a cruise" we turned left out the gate then next left at the traffic lights & it was like our very own carnival parade, the streets were lined up with locals who had come out to wacch us drive by even setting up picnics in the fields to watch, the cruise took us up & over the Malvern Hills & down the other side back to the showground.

Sunday we packed our big tent & went off to see more of the Traders & show including a special display by the VWOC of which had up for sale an awsome VR6 T4 Caravelle, we poked our noses into the T5 California on display by VWUKaswell as the T5 Kombi "very nice"

About 4pm we all set off in our sepearate directions to head home again getting stuck in more traffic.

All in all an excellent weekent was had by all & it was great to meet Glen, Alice. Ruby "staff" & Yvonne & Isla, we look forward to more events in 2010 & a packed calander for 2011.

Hope to see you @ the next one
Attachments: 7210696.jpg (98.1 Kb) · 9145791.jpg (103.2 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 09/Jul/10, 5.50 PM | Message # 173
Webmaster
And to all who didn't attend you really missed yourself, we may not be the "biggest" club, but i am sure those with us over that weekend will all agree as is testified above small is beautiful we all had a ball, and ALL want to do it all over again and will do over and over again spreading the word of T4-T5 to the masses biggrin biggrin

If you care to join us at a future event it is really simple keep an eye on our Events forum and bulletins for information as and when things are finalised next confirmed one is Sept 24-25-26 @ Griezdale make it a date add your name to the list in the suitably named thread and join us for yet another great bash .... We are hoping to do one in August keep an eye for details

Date: Friday, 09/Jul/10, 6.00 PM | Message # 174
Webmaster
Time to roll up the flags, put away the pole and stash the beers :'( until the next time we all meet again dont know where dont know when but i know a man that does ???? Chasney get yer act together biggrin cool biggrin

Date: Saturday, 10/Jul/10, 5.17 PM | Message # 175
Generalissimo
Hey steady... still fuzzy off nights here you lot. I'm going to look at the events calendar tomorrow... (party tonight as I have taken the weekend off at late notice), so hopefully we can have an August event somewhere in the country. I'll put a couple of suggestions together and see who can do what and when.

Chas! [Social Convener]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » British Volkswagen Festival 2nd-4th July (Events)
Search: