Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

If Money Was No Object What Would You Own?
Total of answers: 103

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » British Volkswagen Festival 2nd-4th July (Events)
British Volkswagen Festival 2nd-4th July
Date: Thursday, 17/Jun/10, 11.00 AM | Message # 126
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Good man if not enough peeps then we shall leave it till next..... just a thougt Sept sounds braw at Griezdale tho Teepie anyone biggrin cool long nights round a HOT fire sound ace ....... however i have to say i will have me heated van be then so hopefully wont need to worry to much ..... loan of me gaz heater anyone happy ^_^ ok could you sort oot what weekends your FREE in Sept and put up a thread in t-events forum pls so we are giving as much notice as we can to get as many members as poss there or wanna gus make it a Amin one surprised hehe [again happy ] anyways the pubs to small fo to many pmsl and baggs the the teeppee.....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 17/Jun/10, 10.24 PM | Message # 127
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Ok Greizdale I will accomodate despite trying to get a week out in august unless we go for an august date biggrin & I could be pursueded to just go there for a week biggrin & my mate will have to settle for meeting me a BFV biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 18/Jun/10, 8.11 AM | Message # 128
Generalissimo
25th and 26th looks to be favourable with me. How does that sit with you and Rob? If That's ok I'll pop a post into events. cool

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 18/Jun/10, 6.50 PM | Message # 129
Webmaster
So what dont i matter biggrin cool biggrin

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 18/Jun/10, 7.14 PM | Message # 130
Generalissimo
You and Rob.... you being Dougie. biggrin
Do you fancy getting the yurt between us all for the social gathering and then sleeping in vans tents or yurt whatever. Would be cheaper than the pods but we would have to book it early. If so I'll give him a call next week.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Friday, 18/Jun/10, 8.14 PM

Date: Friday, 18/Jun/10, 8.21 PM | Message # 131
Generalissimo
Is that september or august ?

Just checked calander must be september

Were in cool

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Friday, 18/Jun/10, 8.23 PM

Date: Friday, 18/Jun/10, 8.38 PM | Message # 132
Generalissimo
Yeah that was September mate. Sorry I should have put the month in too.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 19/Jun/10, 11.12 AM | Message # 133
Webmaster
If were all able to sleep in our vans would be a tad expensive to have the Yurt too ??? wouldnt we be charged twice ??? if u would like to check that i would be obliged i also think this thread should be stopped, moved or go to Pm unless we are making this a members meet as i was under the impression it was a Admin one ???? if its a members meet we need a serperate thread for it guys .... EH HUM Mr Social Convernor type person....... biggrin cool biggrin

Date: Sunday, 20/Jun/10, 10.38 PM | Message # 134
Generalissimo
Only a couple of weeks to go now until BVF & we here at T4 - T5 Club UK ar looking forward to our first club showing at a big show, though we still have plenty of last minute organising to do its still not to late if you wish to join us.

Arrive on the day & stay in the general camping area for £30 per person of just visit for the day £10 per person, what ever you choice dont forget to come join us on our club stand where someone will be there to greet you & offer you a drink & a biscuit & have a chat.

How will you find us youll see mine unless its in the show n shine competition its the Blue Van on the home page witht the checked bonnet otherwise look out for a white T4 & a black T5 covered with our logo's.

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Sunday, 20/Jun/10, 10.39 PM

Date: Monday, 21/Jun/10, 12.07 PM | Message # 135
Webmaster
Can't wait to see Chasinda van "Covered" in our logos biggrin cool i trust you will be doing some T5 ones for our Friend [cant remember his name right now in the T5]..

Date: Monday, 21/Jun/10, 1.31 PM | Message # 136
Generalissimo
Glen yes will get round sorting some for both

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 21/Jun/10, 1.38 PM | Message # 137
Webmaster
Good man Glen that's the name i had at the tip of my tounge honest busy posting some new How To's so didn't have time to look biggrin cool

This event is only 2 weeks away now so come on gang anyone else coming i will post it again on our Facebook page and our Twitter page which will hopefully make a few more aware that we will be there and maybe they will also come on down and see us too .... Show in show is the way forward undoubtedly it would just be nice to get a few more involved is all..... some come on guys come on down and see us at BVF this coming weekend all welcomed whether you currently own a T4 - T5 or not although nice examples always welcomed [not drooled over a really smart one in a long time biggrin cool biggrin think my drool glands are drying up happy ]

Date: Tuesday, 22/Jun/10, 9.18 PM | Message # 138
Private
Group: Members
Hi Guys, looks like we should be able to make it on Sun. Yes Graphite grey one is mine,
Dont know what sort of shape she will be in as I am about to start rebuilding the sound system (Focal K2 component set podded into doors & pillars / 2 more amps & pheonix gold Eq in headlining!)
Will make mental notes of your vehicles & hope to see u all.
P.S phone signals are good round there, I have done a bit of mtb racing around Estnor castle in the Malverns!

z

Date: Tuesday, 22/Jun/10, 11.12 PM | Message # 139
Generalissimo
Cool look forward to meeting you there, I hear yours is covered in stainless bling so if its all fitted then i may have to make a trip out to the car park to see it biggrin

Im kinda hoping to get all my ICE in mine b4 we go but its kinda all looking pretty expensive all this organising for 3 days as I still need to get a head unit & cant afford the one I so dearly want so have found an alternative & that aint cheep either.

Front speekeres in rears need cutting & a hell of a lot of wiring & framework to make & thats only for some of my equipment.

back to BFV look forward to meeting you there. cool

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 0.34 AM | Message # 140
Generalissimo
Talk about a Kick in the Teeth
Ive just looked at the BVF website & for all those budding football fans they can watch the quarter finals on a big screen angry

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 0.47 AM | Message # 141
Generalissimo
So what have we to look forward to then

well apart from the dreaded football there is
A special display from The VW Owners Club of GB with the Corrado Club
For the Campers Live Entertainment & Disco
Show N Shine i may be in this one this time
The Rundfart Cruise
Trade & Auto Jumble
Vehicle Sales
Club Displays featuring the T4 - T5 Club UK
Fun Fair incl Dodgems & Wurlitzer
& Loads More

The Address for Visitors

Three Counties Showground
Welland,
Malvern,
Worcestershire
WR13 6SP

Which entrance do I use?
The entrance to the showground for "pay on the day" camping is through YELLOW Gate on the B4208 just after the crossroads with the B4209 and is well signposted from all directions.

The entrance to the showground for day visitors is via the South Car Park. The entrance for advance camping bookings is via BROWN Gate. All gates are well sign posted as you approach the showground.

Although the main show days are Saturday and Sunday, those visitors who've purchased advance camping tickets may access the showground from midday on Friday. Visitors wishing to camp at BVF and purchasing their tickets on the gate can enter the camping area from 2pm on Friday.

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 0.55 AM

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 10.08 AM | Message # 142
Generalissimo
Just back from nights. Have a smallish gazebo now so just got to get some beer next week. Anything else needed???

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 4.44 PM | Message # 143
Generalissimo
Table only thing I havent got but may get one from smesco £19

If my mate turns up hell bring gazebo aswell.

Any leisure batterys or power sources needed as Im not gonna be able to keep my coolbox running forever as hoped cry needs more thought.
if you do have these then a cigorete adapter female to convert the cbles to plugs.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 5.44 PM | Message # 144
Generalissimo
Ok mate. I have a table and an inverter you can use for your fridge to keep us going.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 6.33 PM | Message # 145
Generalissimo
an inverter is no good I just wont have enough battery power for the fridge full stop itl kill the battery in the van so well only get some day use out of it to cool them beers down a bit.
It will however be packed with frozen bottles to keep cool as long as possible.

12v 45w itl just wipe any battery in a few hours apperently. 6-8 for a leisure battery. I didnt think that through did i wacko Doh! still coolish beers is better than warm happy

Any sign of tickets yet?

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 6.34 PM

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 7.00 PM | Message # 146
Webmaster
Good good things moving on nicely towards d-day then and a fw more joining us now could you update the defo coming lists Rob as i cant make head nor tail of em now ......

Next time around i will have my van + a 12ft square gazebo with all 4 walls barnd new and as i said a brand new porta loo and associated tent i will donate for use at any shows from then on no space in car or i would of brought it down this time [should of given it to Chas when he was up here dohhhhh]

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 7.30 PM | Message # 147
Generalissimo
Yip yip and yip.
It's one of those self contained powered inverters Rob so should keep us going for a while and I'll pop some jump leads in too just in case.
No sign of the tickets yet but they have our reg numbers anyway.
What no communal dunnie at this one Dougie??? biggrin biggrin biggrin Is that why we are in the brown entrance?
Looking forward to getting there anyway and doing some chillin. Should be there after tea on Friday. cool

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 8.19 PM | Message # 148
Generalissimo
Quote (listensqueak)
Looking forward to getting there anyway and doing some chillin. Should be there after tea on Friday.

Ditto Ditto & quadrouple Ditto biggrin
Its been a long slog since Greizdale & Im looking forward to just kicking back & relaxing, giving the diet some slack & getting Drunk. After all I have lost 4 stone & got into jeans that I hav'nt worn for 8 years.

So we could be the 1st to arrive then or we'll all arrive about the same time biggrin Hopping for 4pm ish Ill have the van loaded & ready for the off b4 she gets home, the kids are being moved thursday evening & all ive got to wait for is her almighty to get home change & ****** about with her bags (should only take a few hours).

Just a gentle reminder if anyone does arrive & pitch b4 me leave plenty of room biggrin Hoping to put my tent at the back of the plot as it will take up the most space Chas & Glen in front & vans spaced infront & inbetween leaving room 4 gazeboo kinda in front of my entrance, ive kinda got it all mapped out in my head & hoping weve got the space for the plan.

Gotta do some tent repairs but ill do that when i set up 1st priority beer 2nd tent 3rd beer 4th food biggrin anyone for a barby ? chicken kebabs on the barby ? if so let me know & ill arrange friday evening Chicken shiss kebabs on the barby washed down with beer.

so the list is as follows: not much change since the last posting

BVF
1, Chas & Rob - Camping All Weekend confirmed
2, Mandy & Azz - Camping all weekend confirmed
3, Glen + 1 confirmed

Day visit
Dougie & Family Day visiting sat & sun confirmed
Glyn Sunday confirmed

Possible Joining campers
Stan Lumb
Brendon, Misus & Babs

Anybody wishing to join is welcome

& well finally get some pics of both T4 & T5 together for exclusive use for T4 - T5 Club UK so uve been warned Chas & Glen I wanna see them vans Gleaming as we will be moving them about for some photo shoots.

Im sure every one will be supplying some kind of alcohol
Ive got some biccys to share out for visitors Burbons, Custards, Hob nobs if anybody wants to contribute your welcome.
as usual mandy will be loaded with crisps n chocolate as thats all she lives on.

Ill probably be over doing it but better prepared than to go without & will be more organised this time round biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 10.04 PM | Message # 149
Generalissimo
At least at this event there will be lots of food and drink on tap should we run out mate. Will be bringing supplies all the same... have some tinned haggis left over too. biggrin The Azz finishes at four or maybe earlier and we are only half an hour away from Malvern so hopefully should be there just after you. My mate with the Golf is not coming as he has just been made redundant and is trying to sort stuff out at the moment.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 10.07 PM

Date: Thursday, 24/Jun/10, 12.33 PM | Message # 150
Webmaster
I think the idea of at least having the 4's and 5's to the front is the way to do it although im not so sure [by looking at the club camping at other venues] whether in theory there is a front back or side as such biggrin cool biggrin as long as we are showing one off each which with Glen coming we will be i am more than happy with that we will be able to get a far better idea what everyone else is doing from this outing and thus pick from next years events whats best for us and be fully 100% prepared for everything in everyway possible

I think as Chas is the one who is tasked with the organising off such events he should be the one who holds all commonly owned equipment i.e said offered gazebo etc so they go to as many events as he does which so far has been everyone... and a basic list of basic requirements should be drafted and sourced from whereever in respect of banners, flags and such like on top of a decent barby, cooler and such maybe do a raffle to raise funds ??? asking our trade bodies to donate to it for prizes....

[there will be no Best Off at this show but it will make a return for Griezdale i promise]
besides Rob is going to win the "Show & Shine" and thus advertise us ..... happy

I will ensure by Griezdale we that is Rob and i have had a chance to get our heads together as to which way we want to go and in which way we intend getting there so we have a list oif things to be discussed at Griezdale ...... All in all though all admins are doing a great job and should be proud of themselves considering none off us have had any experience in this line prior to getting involved here

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » British Volkswagen Festival 2nd-4th July (Events)
Search: