Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best colour for a T4
Total of answers: 406

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » British Volkswagen Festival 2nd-4th July (Events)
British Volkswagen Festival 2nd-4th July
Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 3.50 AM | Message # 51
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
I got an all in one.........

1, Chas & Rob - Camping All Weekend
2, Mandy & Azz - Camping all weekend

Day visit
Sat - Dougie & Family

Seroiusly now we need to get our thinking caps on for this so far weve got plenty of cards, a flag, Im thinking of bringing me laptop & leaving it on with the web site showing on dash, gota arrange some leaflets & posters & we really need a banner.

Would the above be a correct assumtion then cool

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 7.16 AM | Message # 52
Generalissimo
May still have another in my other van but will be a little while to confirm yet. Dougie you are a stalwart! biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 11.11 AM | Message # 53
Webmaster
Group: Admin
OH shucks thanks ...... surprised

Ok what about i personally pay for a banner if Jim thinks he can get one for £20 odd why dont i but 2 so we can have one going each way so anyone passing either way will be able to read it i dont consider £50 odd to be extortionate if someone else handles cards and leaflets Sercretary thats really a secs job let me see a copy before you print anything off though please [a note from the wise make it as clear simple and consise as poss though as it might just be read that way]

Jim we need you to confirm or otherwise the costs of these banners and where they came from but more importantly if we can get one in around 6 weeks ??

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 5.12 PM | Message # 54
Generalissimo
Banner wise i was thinking of having 2 of each badges in the corners the club name in the middle & dunno maybee the two webb addresses top & bottom.

Ill play with msoft over the weekend & see what i can come up with.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 21/May/10, 4.49 PM | Message # 55
Webmaster
Sounds good to me Rob biggrin simple quick and easy to read

It might be better with somewhere something even along the bottom The UK's Favorite Volkswagen T4 -T5 Community - Website - Forum

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 21/May/10, 4.52 PM | Message # 56
Webmaster
It is confirmed our bookings have now been made we are staying in a Premier Inn 8 miles from the showground biggrin biggrin on the Friday night & Saturday night travelling back on the Sunday so might meet up with you guys on Friday night if you can get out and back into the showground that is for a beer somwhere close by and then i will be present all day Saturday at the show or at least thats the plan thus far....

A good test run guys for what it could be like soon all going well biggrin cool biggrin as our fame rises

Date: Saturday, 22/May/10, 8.03 PM | Message # 57
Generalissimo
an astra in the Rundfahrt biggrin biggrin biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 22/May/10, 11.08 PM | Message # 58
Generalissimo
Oh the shame! I could borrow/commandeer Julie's Astra for the day but she will no doubt find an excuse why she needs it. besides.... I can't afford to put the petrol in it as it seems to do 18mpg being an auto. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Sunday, 23/May/10, 1.23 PM | Message # 59
Webmaster
Think its best to keep the Atastraphe out of it dont you shhhhhhhhhhhhh hopefully no one heard and we got away with it guys, i cleverly DIDNT show any of the snaps with it in from Griesdale [see what i did there i made it as if it was never there cool ] and i will do so again at BVF cool biggrin

Ps Chas it's not much better with a manual one mate unless you want to drive at 50 all day surprised wacko i am sure many "new" astra owners will not be replacing like for like!!! or is that why their newest model is radically different i wonder?? .....ours still sounds like a turbo version with a noisy raspy exhaust that after its first service [just last week] at 1 yr old and 12k odd [even although the service schedule from Vauxhall deems it to be required at 20k or 2 yrs our supplying dealer called it in at 1yr ???] this was pointed out to them at the time, they say both the 25 ish overal mpg and noisy exhaust are normal from a bog standard 1.4 surprised surprised

Date: Sunday, 23/May/10, 6.13 PM | Message # 60
Generalissimo
So another eye opener for you dougie if you have not yet already done so

Scotland to France to Bvf to France

I spy with my eye someone that will do 99% of the M25 youll have to acnowlage that with a M25 Ring sticker biggrin biggrin

I may even flash past you on the M40 Friday afternoon

BVF

Day visit
Sat - Dougie & Family

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 24/May/10, 2.44 PM | Message # 61
Webmaster
Quote (RS_ROB)
Scotland to France to Bvf to France

Rob don't you mean Scotland to France to BVF to Scotland all in the space of 7 days PHEW and i intend to miss out the dreaded M25 thx wacko i wonder how many actual miles that will be ??? anyone wish to hazard a guess on it ??

SO from my home in Loch Lomond to Dover, from Dover to BVF, and from BVF to my home in Scotland is ________ wacko frightening wacko with fuel curently at least in Scotland locally at £1.28 p/l surprised surprised

Date: Monday, 24/May/10, 6.05 PM | Message # 62
Generalissimo
Quote (Admin)
i intend to miss out the dreaded M25 thx

No such luck mate unless you intend to drive the whole of the south coast to southampton then north up the m3 & cut through basingstoke to the m4 & then follow the longer m4 to the m5 @ bristol, you may as well carry on at southampton & fit in weymouth then exeter & accross to the south west & up the m5 trhough bristol (well see you saterday morning then biggrin )

to be honest mat when you leave dover M20,M26,M25,M40 OR M4 if you wish then up the A329 to the M40 if you have an early boat & do this rout in the afternoon b4 4pm it will be clear as a bell.
same goes for getting to dover M1,M25,M20 between 10am & 4pm its clear & plain sailing apoart from the 50mph section where its being widened to 4 lanes between j27 & j28

I live for the M25 & it gets me great eaarnings if worked correctly.

on route to bvf you can junction hop from j13 to j14 & save 40 minutes if it is busy & laugh at everyone queing on the 25 biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 24/May/10, 6.28 PM | Message # 63
Webmaster
Thanks for that my eye in the sky traiffic reporter ok another for you then since you know it so well we are staying in Slough overnight on the way down and driving to Dover on Monday having to be at Dover for 1pm for a 2pm sailing what worries me is time it is quoting us about 1.5hr-2hr from Slough but if i choose to do it at say 11am i might manage however if i was to want to see Dover and the white cliffs in all i would have to leave early bells thus how can i guestimate what time i need to leave to safely make the ferry and by which route being the easiest remebering i will of driven from Scottyland the day previous ..... our Sat nav directions tell us to miss the M25 btw ?? i will dig it out and copy back to my sd card the route next time im out as we are in a crap area here fro signals to them...

Why Slough ??? good question we know we can do it in a day no probs its close enough we never intended doing it all in one day and we managed to get a good deal on a Travelodge type place premier inns i think doing a package with the 2 nights coming back meaning this one is FREE which i like an all round winner, apart from which if time allows i will pop up and see my friends in Maidenhead whilst there making it a very round round trip.....

Date: Monday, 24/May/10, 8.10 PM | Message # 64
Generalissimo
Well in that case mate Id suggest staying on the south side of the 25 to the 26 & 20 that way you miss all the roadworks so thatll be M4 to london & turn right onto the M25 & plain sailing to dover with no worries a 9.30 sett off should see you miss the rush hour traffic any later will miss it all cool

The north side is longer from slough..........

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 26/May/10, 1.38 AM | Message # 65
Generalissimo
Ok so today I got my tent out & checked it over & the result is not bad for a tent thats been in storage for 10 years
its gonna need some maintannce & some spare parts but will be ok for BVF
b4 the event ill organize some spare & take to my local camp site where I can errect it & do some maintanence & leave it overnight, just needs the seams re done some new elasticated loops & some new double pole guy lines as the current ones may rip & some waterproofing.

as you can see its BIG hence why id rather fix it than throw it & it will be great @ BVF chill in.....

BVF

Day visit
Sat - Dougie & Family

Booking Instruction again for those wishing to join in

To book go to the BVF website http://www.britishvolkswagenfestival.co.uk/
click on advanced booking only for bookingd before 3rd June
fill out you details
lower down in the drop down box select T4-T5 Club
& below that put in this password exactly t4fun
& pay £30 per person at the time of booking

Attachments: 7499380.jpg (111.3 Kb) · 8997703.jpg (50.7 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 26/May/10, 3.07 PM | Message # 66
Generalissimo
Hehehe... Rob does the large with the tent! That's a good place to park your T4 when it rains mate. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 26/May/10, 7.52 PM | Message # 67
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Members
Count me in lads.
Not sure about mrs boater yet, she seems to think that a hen night would be more fun, (I'm working on her with costly phone calls) . So i might have a spare ticket closer to the time.
I'm working on my mate to bring the mytery machine, but he may have a white water event in nottingham.

paddlewaggen,

If everything is coming your way, youre in the wrong lane!!!

Date: Wednesday, 26/May/10, 7.56 PM | Message # 68
Lieutenant colonel
All weekend,
If the goodlady and the dogs don't come that just means i'll have more room for barley related products.

paddlewaggen,

Date: Wednesday, 26/May/10, 7.59 PM | Message # 69
Lieutenant colonel
Got charged 2.35 quid for P&P.

paddlewaggen,

Date: Wednesday, 26/May/10, 8.28 PM | Message # 70
Generalissimo
Bang on Boater! Look forward to meeting up with you there then. cool

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 26/May/10, 9.48 PM | Message # 71
Generalissimo
BVF
3, Glen + 1

Day visit
Sat - Dougie & Family

Booking Instruction again for those wishing to join in

To book go to the BVF website http://www.britishvolkswagenfestival.co.uk/
click on advanced booking only for booking before 3rd June
fill out you details
lower down in the drop down box select T4-T5 Club
& below that put in this password exactly t4fun
& pay £30 per person at the time of booking

Cool Glen cant wait to meet you mate cool

so 2 x T4's
& 1 x T5 to show off in the middle cool

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 26/May/10, 11.00 PM | Message # 72
Generalissimo
Guys

Chas, Glen any of you guys booked 2 vehicles ?
Dougie silly question I know as your staying in a b & b but you havent booked one by any chance have you

we seam to have 4 vehicle on our booking & I cant make out whoe the 4th is as I only have confirmation of 3

Jim have you bokked yet ?

Just thought Id ask b4 I quizz the organisers to find out who the 4th is..........

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 26/May/10, 11.08 PM | Message # 73
Lieutenant colonel
Only booked the one Rob. but i did lose the sat coverage halfway through booking and had to start again.
I only payed for 2 persons.
plus P&P?

paddlewaggen,

Date: Wednesday, 26/May/10, 11.20 PM | Message # 74
Generalissimo
Cool as long as youve got receipt for your payment, it may well be what youve described as ive ckecked all my emails & ive got mine, chas's & your,s confimations.
ill chack with BVF tommorrow after work, too tired now.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 26/May/10, 11.29 PM | Message # 75
Lieutenant colonel
I'll stick a few quid in towards the banners, club spirit and all that.

paddlewaggen,

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » British Volkswagen Festival 2nd-4th July (Events)
Search: