Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best colour for a T4
Total of answers: 406

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » The Worst T4 (i think iv the worst.........................)
The Worst T4
Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 1.33 PM | Message # 126
Major general
Group: Members
foam insulation block or loft insulation or lambs wool

then either 4 or 6mm ply depending on what you want to do

i used 4mm ply for the roof and door panels then 6mm ply on the 2 back quarters

i only used the 6mm on the 2 back quaters as i built my own wheel arch boxes and 2 small shelves up high

the 4mm i didnt think was thick enough to hold the screws for the shelves due to it being thin but if your no tplaning anything major for the rear 4mm should be fine

ebay i got mine £135 but doesnt include roof panel but does have everything else

The kit includes;

9mm floor and wheel boxes

6mm sides and door panels,

all fixings,

sealant,

aluminium edging strip

item no:- 330489233631

\

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 3.07 PM | Message # 127
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
As i am a cheapskate I went to Wickes for the lower half and used 50mm building insulation as it is easy to fit and is the correct thickness. Loft insulation for the upper panels and my roof is not done yet as I still plan to have it chopped out.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 6.38 PM | Message # 128
Major general
Iv ply lined it and foil insulated it sorry I wondering what sort of carpet or other I did have the sides carpeted before welding although this is fine on the flats not so good for shaping I used cheap black carpet with a cloth backing !!

It's more than just a van!!

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 7.57 PM | Message # 129
Generalissimo
Sorry mate for the confusion. I have used vinyl upholstery stuff on the sides for ease of cleaning and it looks neat. You can check my choice of carpet for the floor.... very seventies.

Attachments: 8762457.jpg (64.4 Kb)

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 8.11 PM | Message # 130
Major general
Looks very neat mate are the Saab or mg seats you haven't put a gear stuck extension on??

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 8.13 PM | Message # 131
Major general
I slick 50d the g/box what a difference well impressed

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 8.20 PM | Message # 132
Generalissimo
No gearstick extension as my arms seem well long mate. You will be able to see it at Gwynant this month... check the post. Was thinking tonight on the M40 about a T5 style linkage and dash mounted stick. How hard can it be?
Those seats from a 75 Rover but they are well thick so the bases need to be trimmed.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 9.37 PM | Message # 133
Major general
Iv got leather vectra seats in mine a mine a massive improvement on the factory option lol looking forward to the meet need to do something with the paint?!? Might reprime it and matt black it for now !!

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 9.45 PM | Message # 134
Generalissimo
Sure there's no need. It will be a talking point to see it in the raw Andy. Plus it will give me some incentive to start on the Caravelle in earnest.

Talking of the gearbox. interested in the slick 50 idea. I have been getting some whining on the overrun although the box generally is quite snickety. Do you think the slick 50 would improve that? It's basically just noise when stuck in traffic at present.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Monday, 03/Oct/11, 9.48 PM

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 9.48 PM | Message # 135
Major general
Haha or maybe not mate lol

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 9.52 PM | Message # 136
Generalissimo
Those factory seats are not too bad but not enough adjustment for really long trips. never sat on a Vectra seat so will be an education for me.
I had the twin seat in mine with no adjustment. It had to go. I would like to put some armrests on the Rover seats soon. They make such a difference in the Caravelle.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 10.04 PM | Message # 137
Major general
Yea I had a twin seat in mine mate good when it was just me I'd fold it forward and use it as a table

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 10.32 PM | Message # 138
Generalissimo
I tried that with mine but it was a fixed one. I ebayed it and the driver's seat, paid for the new Rover seats. I was a happy man till I fitted them. The steering wheel touched the squab and it was painful trying to drive like that, head squashed against the roof and legs at 45 degrees. That was the seat in its lowest position too. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 03/Oct/11, 10.41 PM | Message # 139
Major general
Haha comedy value none the less should of got a pic !!

Date: Sunday, 09/Oct/11, 6.56 PM | Message # 140
Major general
Well I done 80 miles in the old girl today no misbehaving check the levels tomorro have a small oil leak still I'd rather have that than a non runner good to drive her again even if it makes my neck ache !???!

Date: Sunday, 09/Oct/11, 10.56 PM | Message # 141
Generalissimo
Nice one Andy, glad to see you having some luck at last.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Sunday, 09/Oct/11, 11.04 PM | Message # 142
Major general
Yea felt good mate a bit noisy where iv taken the cold start choke out (didn't work anyway) so the next meet is on Friday and sat??

Date: Monday, 10/Oct/11, 9.11 AM | Message # 143
Generalissimo
Not next weekend but the one after mate. 21st and 22nd if my dates are correct. Help the heroes ball at the NEC next weekend so I have to don a dinner suit and get into character. biggrin

You coming along to Wales? Would be a hoot! I doubt I will get there until late friday evening so I'll pm you my mobile number in case you get there first.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Monday, 10/Oct/11, 9.14 AM

Date: Monday, 10/Oct/11, 9.20 AM | Message # 144
Major general
Yea I'm up for this one bit of a trek but I'm well up for it !! Caroline will be with me now I know it's the Saturday and Sunday il be coming up Friday night it's a 5 hour drive so il be late too yea il send you mine

Date: Wednesday, 12/Oct/11, 10.34 AM | Message # 145
Major general
Yea sorry chaz the slick 50 has helped no end with my over run whine id reckomend it big time

Date: Wednesday, 12/Oct/11, 9.53 PM | Message # 146
Generalissimo
Hmmm. I shall give it a try in that case on my next service. I've noticed overrun whine or grunt in traffic at low revs. Cheers for that cos it has been bugging me.

Great on the Wales trip mate. Look forward to meeting you, Caroline and this awesome bus of yours at last. I'll be driving up from London and picking Azz up in Birmingham so expect to get there about 8 ish Friday evening. Watch out for the entrance on the right. I sailed past it using the sat nav and had to backtrack about 3/4 mile.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 12/Oct/11, 10.26 PM | Message # 147
Major general
Awesome mate it certainly isn't a pain in the a$$e mate it looks like a right jalopy it ain't no looking forward to meeting up I take it beers are required?? !!

Date: Wednesday, 12/Oct/11, 10.31 PM | Message # 148
Major general
She isn't finished just useable !?! I take it there's showers on this site? Question from Caroline!??!

Date: Wednesday, 12/Oct/11, 11.01 PM | Message # 149
Generalissimo
Yeah there is a decent sized shower block and the amenities are pretty good. We like a drink and usually bring plenty so no worries there.
Awesome because you have done so much stuff on it. I thought mine had been a labour of love but yours has taken the most work on the site I reckon. Will be good to see it finally.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 12/Oct/11, 11.05 PM | Message # 150
Major general
Haha in that case don't forget your very dark glasses lol and cool now iv the rev counter could sure use the fifth gear mod!! Can be done mines a 2b box!!! I haven't a awning yet iv got a wind break? That's about it usual a summer surfer lol although only been once this year dam bus haha

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » The Worst T4 (i think iv the worst.........................)
Search: